homeschool kids discussion

What kinda work do you guys do?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (last edited Aug 20, 2008 12:58PM) (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) | 133 comments Ok, I was just wondering how much work other kids will be doing this year... I'm so loaded down I won't have like ANY time for myself. This year is the first year I take High School tests and I'm very nervous, so I'll be spending alot more time with the books (and juggling with sports) then I ever have before. Mom and Dad have signed me up for some online courses and stuff, and we have so much kicking around from my older two siblings high school years. I'll have such a big headache next summer...

message 2: by Sarahfina (new)

Sarahfina  (sarahfinaforever) | 840 comments well i'm tecnically "un-schooled" so that means i can learn wht i want when i want.. so i haven't learned math since like 4th grade so this year i'm gonna try to at least get to 8th grade math, i WANT to get to 10th grade but i don't want to push myself TOO hard!
but iu've never taken any kind of test before...so i don't know much about that...

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) I'm unschooled so I dont really have much "work" to do... We kinda learn things as we go, and while I'm traveling I learn a lot. I do have to do math homework (I'm on my break until monday!). I have to do 6 pages a day (1 lesson) from the "math-u-see" program.

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) Oh yeah! I forgot to add my part about the testing...
The school testings aren't too hard, a lot of them are trick questions.... Though I haven't taken the high school tests yet, the other ones were pretty easy---so I wouldn't worry Emily! You seem smart enough!! lol

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) | 133 comments THANK YOU DORIAN!!! You do Math-u-See too? I'm guessing Taylor got you into that... Mom told Dana who musta told your mom. I love Math-u-See... I've been using it since I started doing math...

message 6: by Keanna (new)

Keanna I do a government made curriculum from a distance education school in Canada so i have the same amount of work kids in public schools have and this year I got provincial exams too:(

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) greta make a topic then :-P

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) | 133 comments lol

message 9: by Cailin (new)

Cailin (leahynremtp) | 983 comments um, geometry, chemistry, history, a bible type thing, wordly wise, writing workshop thingy ma bob, theater, world view, miscellaneous, and drivers ed......i think that's it.

Zarha, the groove bringer | 2837 comments I'm doing math and english at MCC this year, that with all the homeschool activities I'm going to have like no free time at all.

message 11: by Sarahfina (new)

Sarahfina  (sarahfinaforever) | 840 comments ok well my mom like is canceling all my activities so i have like ALL free time!

message 12: by Chris (new)

Chris (toastzone) | 549 comments I have to walk my neighbors dog every weekday and I wanted to go to MCC but I couldn't because when I got back from vacation I had like a week to do the test (more like 5 days) and then they had to scan the test or whatever they do so I wouldn't make it... I'm doing more art this year and I'm going to try to learn to play the piano.

message 13: by Kaytrina (new)

Kaytrina | 174 comments I do:Math,English,History,Science,Health,and Home Ec.Some days I also have stuff like bowling and swimming lessons.

message 14: by Hadley (new)

Hadley | 41 comments wellll...
i do...
science
ancient civilizations
english
geography
math ( BAH )
Piano
And, then of course my ski team ( not schoolish stuff ) which i see about 5 days in a week.
And that's not mentioning the other classes and homeshooling stuff i do... so yeah in the winter i have a busy schedule in the winter.