Confessions of a Contractor Confessions of a Contractor discussion

Really deep novel or just a good summer read?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shecky Lovejoy After I finished Confessions last week, I gave it to a friend of mine to read and she finished it over the weekend. As you can see from my review, I thought it was a really interesting read that had a lot of profound things to say about life in 21st Century America, and the spiritual void that we try to fill with home improvement projects. Moreover, it speaks to the process of growing by being able to let go of the past.

My friend, however, said that while she really enjoyed it, she thought it was just a good, light summer read, perfect for a day at the beach (which is where, I gather, she read it).

What do y'all think?

message 2: by Bill (new) - rated it 1 star

Bill Boogle This book was pure junk and that is why it flopped. It was all a set up for a pilot and hopefully a TV series. I give Murphy credit for his valiant effort to get a series made but his efforts failed once again. Murphy has had a long list of failures in the entertainment industry. He said he made money remodeling houses so my guess he is back to doing that after this flopped. I guess not everyone can be an American Pie author.