Green Darkness Green Darkness discussion

My all time favorite book

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ravie13 (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ravie13 The era of the Tudors AND reincarnation... be still my beating heart. I love it.

Marie heh. I was just coming here to say this is my all-time favorite book. Love, religion, reincarnation.... *sigh*.

Sharon Desruisseaux Wonderful book! My mother first leant it to me many years ago. I have read it several times since :)

message 4: by Jacky (last edited Aug 22, 2011 05:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacky Great book read quite a few years ago! Maybe time to re-read!

Michele Kallio Wonderful book! Truly one of my all time favorites! Thanks for mentioning it...it is definitely time to read it again!

Pieshine Interestingly, one of my all-time favorites books is by the same author (Anya Seton) entitled: Katherine. It is a fictional account of the life of John of Gaunt's mistress/3rd wife.

Cinderela This is a great book! I completely forgot about it until I saw this. Maybe will have to re-read it sometime soon.

<3
So good.

Michele Kallio @6
I enjoyed KATHERINE too, if you interested in a historians look at Katherine Swynford, you might enjoy
Alison Weir's Mistress to the Monarchy it is a very good read!

e

Sharon Toler I read everything I could find by Anya Sexton when I was in high school. If you get a chance read her other books. They are all excellent, but my favorite was Katherine.

Jacky Also loved Katherine.......a true favourite

message 11: by Tara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara I read this book when I was about 15. My Mom gave it to me and I couldn't put it down. I love the idea of reincarnation and forbidden love. Now that I think about it, most of my favorite books have come from a recommendation from my Mom.

Julie I loved this book with the modern day setting & the step back in time to Tudor England, reincarnation.... what an exciting way to enjoy some Tudor history. It didn't take me long to work out which character was which & follow them on their journey through life/lives.
A thoroughly enjoyable read with a twist from the normal historical fiction.

Teresa I loved Anya Seton's books as a teenager as well; its hard for me to pick a favorite. Yet in Green Darkness the past tragic love affair finding fruition in the present leaves a satisfying memory of richness.

Cindy Jones Loved both Green Darkness & Katherine as a teen. Reread them when I was in my's - still loved them! Green Darkness is probably my favorite of the two, however...if I had to pick one...

message 15: by Orion (new) - added it

Orion most people think it is weird for a pre-teen to read a book like this but trust me you will not be wasting your time . this book's rich detail, forbidden love and violence (do not forget the karma)made it like a thick bundle of amazingness. its like listening to Coldplay you would think its predictable but something always surprises you.