Between Two Worlds: The Inner Lives of Children of Divorce Between Two Worlds discussion

What's best for them? what do you think?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:44PM) (new) - added it

Jessica I just started reading this. I am seperated and am also a child of divorce. My daughter is 4, and I am doing my best to make her feel secure and loved. This book seems to indicate that having two seperate houses (one for dad, one for mom) may not be the best thing for children. But if not that, then what?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Educate yourself about marriage and go through self-analyticaly therapy before you get married. Date someone for a while before you marry him or her. Devote yourself to making a marriage between you and a different person work.

message 3: by Shannon (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shannon Do your best and show your children how to cope with less than optimal circumstances. The important thing is to try to understand the repercussions of events such as divorce. Relize that not everyone has the same emotions about divorced parents. I felt this book cleared up so many misconceptions people seem to assume about children from divorced parents. I never blamed my self, I never wished my parents would get back together all of which seems to shock people who do not have a first hand experience of divorce, I now tell them to read this book!