The Pacific Northwest Contingent discussion

I heart Seattle

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:09AM) (new)

Courtney | 2 comments Mod
Just had to put that out there. ;)

message 2: by Don (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:36PM) (new)

Don Roff | 1 comments I must concur.

message 3: by Patti (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:46PM) (new)

Patti | 3 comments I agree - and it is such a reading friendly city - here's a small sample of readings to attend in October:

10/2 Ursula Hegi - Seattle Public Library - Downtown
10/10 Walter Mosely - Seattle Public Library - Downtown
10/11 Sherman Alexie - Seattle Public Library - Downtown (if you've never seen him in person, you are missing some great entertainment - the guy could do stand up comedy...)
10/13 Haven Kimmel - Elliott Bay Bookstore
10/19 Ursula LeGuin - University Bookstore
10/22 Ursula LeGuin - Elliott Bay Bookstore
10/23 Richard Russo - Elliott Bay Bookstore
10/24 Nick Hornby - Seattle Public Library - Downtown
10/26 Alice Sebold - Seattle Public Library - Downtown

message 4: by Seizure Romero (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:05PM) (new)

Seizure Romero | 3 comments Here's another reason: http://www.seattlebookfair.com/

It's this weekend, it's $5 (ticket is good for both days) and it's a book-geek's dream. I am a collector as well as a reader and this is a great chance to find books you may never see in local stores. Even if you don't buy anything (not many real bargains, to be honest) it's fun to look, and there are some dealers who sell old maps and other ephemera, too. A lot of book history to immerse yourself in.

And then, of course, pints after the show!

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori Hello? Where do people live? I'm in the Phinney area, been here for 17 years. I love living so close to Woodland Park where I go most every day with my dog.

What are some of your favorite places?

message 6: by Keri (new)

Keri | 5 comments I live a bit north of Carkeek Park. My sister lives in Phinney. I would love to live closer in but we have a great Thai place, Vietnamese, Chinese Dumpling House and Japanese restaurant. We walk to a lovely new library. I used to live in Ravenna but can't afford it now and besides I love to be West facing. Love the twilight walks with the Sound and Olympics. I am going to follow that link above.

message 7: by Lori (new)

Lori Phinney is probably out of my reach now too - we moved here 17 years ago. Couldn't afford Ravenna even then, altho I loved that area - it's where we rented when we just moved here. But Carkeek is beautiful, I love going there. And it's not that far north really.