Oprah's Book Club at Goodreads discussion

Oprah Books, Banter and Bling > who's hot and who's not? celebrities, books, and their lives

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karey (new)

Karey (kareyshane) | 162 comments Mod
This is a thread about whatever! This is the banter and bling part.

message 2: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Ascroft | 1 comments I have to admit that I am biased and have not picked up this book to read it but I was gratified to see, when I checked the copyright inside the cover, that Katie Price's (aka Jordan) novel, Angel, has Katie Price and another person sharing the copyright - I had wondered if she actually wrote the book herself. While it is accepted practice for celebrities to hire a ghostwriter for their autobiographies, it really isn't acceptable to have a ghostwriter create a work of fiction and then pass it off as her own work. I hope this doesn't become the latest celebrity trend - celebrities already earn enough income from their autobiographies. They should leave the fiction market alone if they are unable to actually write the book themselves.

Dianne Ascroft,
author, 'Hitler and Mars Bars'

message 3: by Karey (new)

Karey (kareyshane) | 162 comments Mod
I got on Google to try and figure out if Katie Price had actually written the book herself. No luck. It would be disappointing if there were a trend where celebrities pass fiction off as their own, but use a ghostwriter. Non-fiction is a different thing together, as you say, Dianne.

By the way, I'm glad you're here Dianne! I hope things are going well with your book, Hitler and Mars Bars :)

Karey