Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Ann's Feb-2011 Books read

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (last edited Mar 06, 2011 12:41AM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14290 comments I read five very good books in February. While I wouldn't mind reading more, I can't complain about these a bit!
Little Girls Lost; Broken; Ice Cold; The Hunger Games; The Help
Kerley, Jack - Little Girls Lost; Read 2/7/2011 (Borrowed, thanks Barry!) Rank 9 of 10 Carson Ryder is one of my favorite fictional detectives. Under stress and antagonistic edicts by the police brass, he simply keeps on the case, even while under suspension. Some pretty frightening examples of real life evils are under the rocks he uncovers.
Slaughter, Karin - Broken; Read 2/20/2011 Audio and my copy) Rank 9++ of 10 I love the Grant County books and this was no exception, in fact it was a stellar book in the group. I am ready for the next one right now! I look forward to more of Will Trent and Sara back in Atlanta
Gerritsen, Tess Ice Cold; Read 2/28/2011 (Audio) Rank 9 of 10
This one had me on the edge of my seat and managed to surprise me with the denouement after clues led me to a different conclusion. Very well written and I love the characters of Rizzoli and Isles.
Collins, Suzanne - The Hunger Games; Read 2/27/2011 (Kindle) Rank 9 of 10 It is hard to express my thoughts without spoilers Human suffering, grace under pressure, resourcefulness. I am eager to read the next installment
Stockett, Kathryn - The Help; Read 2/2/2011 (Audio) Rank 10 of 10 loved this book! It was especially enjoyable on audio, the characters voices were very well done and the setting and time were vividly portrayed. As I read, I felt like alternately cheering, smiling ear to ear, groaning, cringing or crying

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3590 comments what a good month you had, ann!

message 3: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Super month, Ann!! I have the audio of The Help on reserve and can't wait to get it.

message 4: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2963 comments Quality is better than quantity any time!

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3598 comments VERY good month!!

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1606 comments Great month Ann! I think I need to add The Help to my TBR pile ;)

message 7: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Ann wrote: "I read five very good books in February. While I wouldn't mind reading more, I can't complain about these a bit!
Little Girls Lost; Broken; Ice Cold; [..."

The Help:
Still waiting for the few copies at the library to free up, my tbr pile will keep me busy for awhile.