Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Melodie's February 2011 Reads

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments Only 12 books in February. I was preoccupied the week before I had surgery and didn't do any reading in the hospital. Finished the last few pages in the Vampire Diaries book I was reading and haven't picked up another book since I came home, even tho I have time to read!

Angelology by Danielle Trussoni Angelology by Danielle Trussoni: a trainwreck and a waste of time. I can't believe I bothered to finish it! Grade: 2

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Paranormalcy by Kiersten White: 1st in YA series and only so-so. Lots of different types of supernatural characters and some good possibilities lost their way in this one. Grade: 5

A Decadent Way To Die by G. A. McKevett A Decadent Way To Die by G.A. McKevett: newest in the Savannah Reid series. This one was like the last one in that it just didn't "read" the same as earlier books in this series. The ending, which surprised me, saved the whole book. Grade: 7

Cat Sitter Among the Pigeons (Dixie Hemingway, #6) by Blaize Clement Cat Sitter Among the Pigeons by Blaize Clement: newest in Dixie Hemingway pet sitter series and a good read. I always enjoy these characters, tho I'm disappointed in the direction a continuing story line seems to be taking. Grade: 8.5

Stitch Me Deadly by Amanda Lee Stitch Me Deadly by Amanda Lee: 2nd in needlework shop series and every bit as good as the first one. I like the characters in this series, especially the dog! Grade: 9

The Farmer's Wife Baking Cookbook Over 300 blue-ribbon recipes! by Lela Nargi The Farmer's Wife Baking Cookbook: Over 300 blue-ribbon recipes! by Lela Negri: I picked this up at a garage sale, thinking I might find some good old fashioned cookie recipes in it. About the only thing this book would be good for is historical info, as recipes were incomplete as were directions. Grade: 4

A Hard Day's Knight (Nightside, #11) by Simon R. Green A Hard Day's Knight by Simon R. Green: newest in Nightside series. This one and the last one are just not the same caliber story as earlier books in this series. The ending was a bit surprising, so I'll read the next one. Grade: 7

Polished Off (Southern Beauty Shop, #2) by Lila Dare Polished Off by Lila Dare: 2nd in Southern beauty shop series and as good as the first one. This one involves a beauty pageant and those who don't look favorably upon them. Grade: 9

Absolutely, Positively (Lucy Valentine, #3) by Heather Webber Absolutely, Positively by Heather Webber: 3rd in Lucy Valentine series and as good as the other 2. Great quirky characters and good stories. Grade: 9.5

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead: conclusion to Vampire Academy series and not bad. The previous 2 in the series were total whinefests, but this one finally told a fairly decent story. Grade: 7

Love Bites (Vampire Kisses, #7) by Ellen Schreiber Love Bites by Ellen Schreiber: newest in Vampire Kisses series and a waste. Thankfully these books are VERY fast reads. This one was on the bargain table, but still too expensive. Grade: 4

Bloodlust (The Vampire Diaries Stefan's Diaries, #2) by L.J. Smith Bloodlust by L.J. Smith: 2nd in Stefan's Diaries series that is based on the TV show, not the original books. In this one Stefan & Damon go to New Orleans after being found out in their hometown. Not a bad read. Grade: 7

Hope to get interested in something tomorrow!

message 2: by Ann (last edited Mar 05, 2011 11:05PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14623 comments Melodie: Isn't that the way of it, often when we have plenty of time to read we are not in the mood. I hope your recovery from the surgery continues to go well and you enjoy reading some more books soon!
Melodie wrote: "Only 12 books in February. I was preoccupied the week before I had surgery and didn't do any reading in the hospital. Finished the last few pages in the Vampire Diaries book I was reading and haven't picked up another book since I came home, even tho I have time to read!
Hope to get interested in something tomorrow! "

message 3: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1639 comments Great list Melodie! Hope you are feeling better ;) I see a few on the list that I have waiting in the pile to read.