Heat Wave (Nikki Heat, #1) Heat Wave discussion

Help needed. Heat-Wave or Naked-Heat

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Prometheus (last edited Mar 05, 2011 09:00PM) (new)

Prometheus I am trying to buy a book for my girlfriend I know she mentioned a book by Rchard Castle but can't remember the title. Which of those two books is more recent?

www.e-bookstore.co/Naked-Heat/Richard-Castle

or

www.e-bookstore.co/Heat-Wave/Richard-Castle

Thanks for help.

Lucia Naked Heat is more recent. Heat Wave was released in Season 1 of the Castle tv show and Naked Heat just this past year. Hope this helps!

Jennifer Read Heat wave first, and then read naked heat

message 4: by John (new) - added it

John Gilpin For the links you gave us look for this information
Publication Date: 2009-09-16

It will tell you the answer you are looking. Just in case in the future you get locked in a closet and have to make the choice, but you lost your hands in a freak accident and you can't ask the rest of the world the answer.

Clara  Baker Baldwin Read them in order! Always!

message 6: by Jacqueline (last edited Aug 22, 2012 02:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jacqueline Prometheus wrote: "I am trying to buy a book for my girlfriend I know she mentioned a book by Rchard Castle but can't remember the title. Which of those two books is more recent?

www.e-bookstore.co/Naked-Heat/Richar..."

Heat Rises is the most recent, but came out about a year ago. Heat Wave is the first, and Naked Heat is the second. The newest one will come out in Sept and might be what you girlfriend wants. The title is Frozen Heat, and I think it will be available in hardcover and e-book formats. IF you (or she) are new to this series, it is ESSENTIAL to read them in order.
That's: Heat Wave, Naked Heat, Heat Rises, Fall of 2012, Frozen Heat.

Kylie G if she's mentioned other books, would not go for the heat series. it's like the show but with the names changed. I read heat wave last week and even though characters in the book are different names all I kept visioning was Beckett etc. if she loves the tv series, I feel she would be disappointed with the books. just my opinion.

Kylie G if she's mentioned other books, would not go for the heat series. it's like the show but with the names changed. I read heat wave last week and even though characters in the book are different names all I kept visioning was Beckett etc. if she loves the tv series, I feel she would be disappointed with the books. just my opinion.

Jacqueline @Kylie -- The whole point is the sheer meta of the books. In the TV show "Castle", Richard Castle, a fictional character, is a successful author who has "written" the successful Derrick Storm novels and other books. He gets permission from the mayor to follow some New York cops around as inspiration for his next series of books. Castle meets Kate Beckett and she "inspires" him to write his next series, the Nikki Heat book.
Now, it should come as no surprise that Richard Castle, Kate Beckett and the other characters on "Castle" don't exist.
By claiming that these books are written by "Richard Castle" ABC is having some fun. Also, the newspaper writer in the books is Jameson Rook - clearly a play on the name "Richard Castle" (both "rook" and "castle" are names for the same piece in the board game Chess). I thought "Heat Wave" was the weakest of the three books so far. "Heat Rises" is the best. But you do need to read them in order. I also felt like each book was ghost-written by someone else. But I have no info to back that up, just a gut feeling.

message 10: by Kylie (new) - rated it 1 star

Kylie G Jacqueline O. wrote: "@Kylie -- The whole point is the sheer meta of the books. In the TV show "Castle", Richard Castle, a fictional character, is a successful author who has "written" the successful Derrick Storm nove..."

I do understand whats going on with the castle books & tv series, being a fan of the tv series and then reading the book - I can say that iwascdisappointed with the book - my opinion and nothing else.

message 11: by Julie (new)

Julie I attempted to read the fist book, but was put off by the fact that it was written in narrative format.

Clara  Baker Baldwin I read the first six of the series and enjoyed them, but I've put #7 away twice already and think I will not try to renew it for the third time. Maybe another day!

Christopher Steele Heat wave is the first in the series. It took me awhile to find them all but at present I believe that the collection is 10 books in total.