Islam discussion

Hate Comes to Orange County..

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aliya (new)

Aliya (ayilamina222) | 43 comments recently, on march 2nd, an event occured in Yorba Linda regarding Muslims. please watch the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NutFky...

AND SIGN THE PETITION:

http://www.change.org/petitions/congr...

and please comment :D

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

my friend sent me that in an email thread, its really sickening to be honest. i mean, it makes me really sad what our world has come to, and how people just dont realize what's even going on to their country. they just blindly follow politicians...

message 3: by AB (new)

AB | 13 comments The video is no longer available,
these people....how narrow-minded.
They call for freedom, but they don't act like they want others to be free. They should free their minds, and be broadminded.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

coincedentially, i took that article to my current events class today for our assignment. it really ticked me off.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

really?? well he's not exactly doing anything to take action against all those politicians in orange county. they aren't being sued for discrimination or anything. not to be a downer, but im fairly positive these are all fabricated and maybe there's some conviction in his words, but it's hardly enough. he could easily make islam's image go up and in a positive light but obviously that hasn't happened, so i think its safe to say that he really doesn't give a crap and just wants support for reelection or something.
i have beef to pick with the guy. all politicians actually.

message 6: by Aliya (new)

Aliya (ayilamina222) | 43 comments AB wrote: "The video is no longer available,
They call for freedom, but they don't act like they want others to be free. They should free their minds, and be broadminded."

the specific video i posted was taken off youtube, but i found one like the one before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6t6d9...

and please sign the petition :)

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Are they chanting "Go back home"?

Haha, a bunch of screaming dumbasses I tell ya...

message 8: by AB (new)

AB | 13 comments Aliya wrote: "AB wrote: "The video is no longer available,
They call for freedom, but they don't act like they want others to be free. They should free their minds, and be b..."

Thanks Aliya, I did :)

message 9: by AB (new)

AB | 13 comments Esme wrote: "really?? well he's not exactly doing anything to take action against all those politicians in orange county. they aren't being sued for discrimination or anything. not to be a downer, but im fairly..."

Wow, I agree with most of what you said. And yeah, human nature, whenever a human gets the power, he never wants to let go,and he suddenly becomes inhuman to a lot of things(in history, it's rare that you find a person who doesn't change after holding a high position)....Power and Money, they change the core of a human.

message 10: by Tynan (new)

Tynan Power | 6 comments Esme wrote: "really?? well he's not exactly doing anything to take action against all those politicians in orange county. they aren't being sued for discrimination or anything. not to be a downer, but im fairly..."

I don't think that's fair. Yes, people should take action against discrimination, but that's not the president's job. He has to walk a very thin line---or yes, he won't get reelected. Being concerned about that isn't just self-interest on his part. If he doesn't get reelected he won't be able to finish the work he's trying to do. Frankly, I don't want him to risk that. There are already people who think he's pushing a pro-Muslim agenda and believe that he's secretly Muslim. I think most people in his position would react to that by speaking out much less about Islamophobia.

Politics is a complicated process. I don't like that or like how it favors people who can schmooze and who are often very self-interested, but it is what it is. Even the good politicians have to play the game to some extent.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

i do think he's a better president than most, but still, when it comes down to it, its highly unlikely he'll ever speak up for muslims if it means that he wont get reelected. but we're all still grateful that he's trying at least.