Own It? Read It! discussion

New Member Introductions

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian | 32 comments Mod
Introduce yourself. Give us an idea of who you are.

message 2: by Brian (new)

Brian | 32 comments Mod
Hello! I am Brian and I have a lot of books. I am attempting to work through the backlog of books that I own, some of which have been collecting dust since the early '90s. I was an Lit major and which only added to the number of books I currently own. I read all types of books, but my favorites are usually fantasy and science fiction. Good luck to all and thanks for joining.

message 3: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Draganov (darthsparhawk) | 2 comments My name is Alex. I own a lot of books, way too many... sometimes I don't know where to put them, my library is already full.

message 4: by Steve (new)

Steve Chaput (stevec50) Hi, Steve here! Don't have quite as many books as I did have, thanks to several moves the past few years. Still have dozens and it would be worse, if I wasn't getting so many now in eBook form. I'm a Librarian, so I try to weed my collection every so often by donating them (some still unread) to the Friends of the Library bookstore.

message 5: by Brian (new)

Brian | 32 comments Mod
Welcome Steve,Darth and David. Steve what is your ebook collection up to these days? Black Library has been putting a lot of their books out in eformat.
Darth, I know what you mean, all shelves of my library are at least two deep and some are even three if they will fit.

message 6: by Alexander (last edited Mar 06, 2011 11:17PM) (new)

Alexander Draganov (darthsparhawk) | 2 comments Which is not nice, you can't find anything. Ebooks are a salvation, but definetly not as cool as the real thing.

message 7: by Angie (new)

Angie (angela_pistun) | 6 comments Hi, I'm Angie! Books are closing in around me. My husband and I read very different stuff so that makes for a diverse library. Reading political, history, and short story lately.

message 8: by Brian (new)

Brian | 32 comments Mod
Welcome Angie! I hear you there. My wife and I combine for some odd combinations of books.

message 9: by Amanda J (new)

Amanda J (amandasbooks) | 24 comments Hi everyone! I do this challenge is another group, but it will be nice to have a place to record my progress and get encouragement to read what I own (and not buy more!).

message 10: by Brian (new)

Brian | 32 comments Mod
Welcome Amanda!

message 11: by Amanda J (new)

Amanda J (amandasbooks) | 24 comments Thanks.