Vegan Cooking & Cookbooks discussion

Vegan Cookbooks > The Indian Vegan Kitchen by Madhu Gadia

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Lee (leekat) | 1027 comments Mod
I have made a few recipes from The Indian Vegan Kitchen but would like to try more. The ones I've enjoyed are Pea and Tofu Curry, Kale-Tofu Pilaf and Mashed Eggplant.

Has anyone else tried recipes from this book? Any recommendations.

message 2: by Selah (new)

Selah (selahwrites) | 113 comments I see a note in my copy that the Spinach and Tofu (pg 174) I made on 2/20/10 and thought it EXCELLENT.

message 3: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Great! Thank you Selah, I will give that recipe a shot.

message 4: by Selah (new)

Selah (selahwrites) | 113 comments For dinner, I made: Ginger-Spinach Pink Lentils (next time I will shorten the cooking time. The lentils are split, they cooked up in no time. ) I'd give it a "meh."
BUT I also made the curried spinach couscous and I'd give that a Yowsah! I rounded out the meal with Seasoned Zucchini - middle of the road opinion of that one, brown basmati, and more of the dal I made yesterday using the recipe I found on the Intertube. (I would assume you all speak LOLcat, right?)
So I have a ton of food for the week and some to share.

message 5: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

In honour of Selah and her zucchini challenge, I made the Seasoned Zucchini (on page 113)tonight for dinner and it was surprisingly (to me) delicious. Also very quick!

message 6: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Don, that's so funny. I was actually craving this exact dish a couple of days ago and wanted to make it but found I didn't have any peas. I never thought to substitute chickpeas, what a great idea!

message 7: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

I've never had pigeon peas. I'll have to look those up!

message 8: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Thanks, Don. I'll see if I can find some in my supermarket.