Vegan Cooking & Cookbooks discussion

Vegan Cookbooks > Vegan Planet by Robin G, Robertson

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Lee (leekat) | 1027 comments Mod
One of my favourite cookbooks is Vegan Planet: 400 Irresistible Recipes with Fantastic Flavors from Home and Around the World.
There are no photos but I love the variety of recipes. Two of my favourites are the Thai-Style Coconut Soup and the Szechuan Hot and Sour Soup.

Does anyone else here cook from this book and what recipes have you enjoyed?

message 2: by Farrah (new)

Farrah | 212 comments I just got this one from the library. It looks like it is going to be good.

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Another suggestion for Christmas (alas, no pictures). Your two suggested recipes sound delicious.

message 4: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Lee (leekat) | 1027 comments Mod
I do like this cookbook even though there are zero pictures. It's chock full of international recipes.

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Sounds wonderful! Endre likes pictures as well as good recipes, that's why I have to be careful...I don't think I've ever bought him a cookbook that he didn't tell me he wanted. Until this Christmas ;)

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Diane D. wrote: "Sounds wonderful! Endre likes pictures as well as good recipes, that's why I have to be careful...I don't think I've ever bought him a cookbook that he didn't tell me he wanted. Until this Christmas."

Lucky man! Lucky you for getting to eat the food!

message 7: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Lisa wrote: "Diane D. wrote: "Sounds wonderful! Endre likes pictures as well as good recipes, that's why I have to be careful...I don't think I've ever bought him a cookbook that he didn't tell me he wanted. Un..."

Yes, I am lucky :) Lucky him for being able to pick his clothes right out the drawer or out of the closet :)

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Don wrote: "I accidentally opened up spaghetti instead of linguine, but no worries. I used whole wheat pasta. This made a very nice side dish and came together quickly.

http://vegansprout.com/uploads/recipe_..."

Looks delicious, Don. I'd use whole wheat too. What's the name of the recipe?

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Thanks, Don! Oh, yum! Oyster mushrooms are my favorite variety but I'll take all and any mushrooms.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) I love crimini, shiitake, portabello, white button, so many, and I've always liked mushrooms, but wasn't introduced to most varieties until adulthood. Morels are probably my favorite but so ridiculously expensive I usually have them maybe only once a year at a gourmet vegan restaurant.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) I hate vegan meats or anything that reminds me of animal flesh, but I'm really glad they're improving these vegan meat products. For vegans who enjoy them, I'm glad. For non-vegans, they might help them to go vegan.