Agatha Christie Lovers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book of the Month Reads > CLOSED April 2011 - The Big Four

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 4562 comments Mod
Originally published in 1927. Features Hercule Poirot. "A ruthless international cartel seeks world domination...Framed in the doorway of Poirot's bedroom stood an uninvited guest, coated from head to foot in dust. The man's gaunt face stared for a moment, then he swayed and fell. Who was he? Was he suffering from shock or just exhaustion? Above all, what was the significance of the figure 4, scribbled over and over again on a sheet of paper? Poirot finds himself plunged into a world of international intrigue, risking his life to uncover the truth about 'Number Four'."

message 2: by Daga (new)

Daga | 44 comments I remember reading it long time ago and not really liking it. I guess it's a good opportunity to reread it and see if my perception of this novel has changed.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Noel (1972booklover) This was one of the few A.C. books I didn't really care for. I've read it a couple of times, but it never got any better for me.

message 4: by Daga (new)

Daga | 44 comments That's not really comforting :p yet I will have a go at it anyway :D time permitting.

message 5: by Martha (new)

Martha | 96 comments Mod
Ready to start =)

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane (janeparnell) | 4 comments I disliked this book, I found it to be nonsensical at best. Not one I will be re-reading in the future.

message 7: by Carolyn F. (new)

Wasn't my favorite either Jane.

message 8: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 500 comments Loved it! I always adore Captain Hastings narration. He's a sweetheart :')

message 9: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 500 comments I've read it twice now...enjoyed it as much the second time around. I'm such a sad little fangirl...I just need to hear "mon ami Hastings" and I melt.

Thought the plot was rather fun too. Was great to see Poirot unravel "The Big Four," as it were.

message 10: by Carolyn F. (new)

This is a book of the month for April 2018. Here is https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.