Q&A with Cat Grant discussion

Menage Romance > End of an era...

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cat (new)

Cat Grant (catgrant) | 38 comments Mod
This morning I received my reversion of rights letter for my very first book, The Arrangement. It officially goes out of print on May 5th.

I'm of two minds about it. On the one hand, now I can shop it around to other publishers. But on the other... it's still my first book, from my first series. My first baby.

Seeing it drop off the virtual shelves, even if only temporarily, is kinda bittersweet. :-(

message 2: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix Emrys (phoenixemrys) | 7 comments Wow, I guess it would be. But think about it the first way. It's coming home to you so you can find it another one. And maybe make it even better in the process!

message 3: by Cat (new)

I'm planning to submit it to Ellora's Cave as a reprint. I'm sure they'll want to re-edit it.

message 4: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix Emrys (phoenixemrys) | 7 comments I am a terrible, unrepentant rewriter. I never want to let anything go. Can always make it better. It's a disease, I think. Nice to revisit an old friend and give it a bit of a spiff up, yes?

message 5: by Amara (new)

Amara (amarasplace) | 27 comments I don't think I'm pleased by this topic. But, I do agree with what all that Phoenix is saying.

Just sayin'

message 6: by Cat (new)

Whatever changes EC (or another publisher) wants, I'll be happy to do. I love The Arrangement, but it is a flawed book. I wouldn't mind revisiting the story with fresher, wiser eyes.

message 7: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix Emrys (phoenixemrys) | 7 comments We write, we learn. heh heh.

message 8: by Aleksandr (new)

Aleksandr Voinov (vashtan) Cat - I feel you. Three of my five print books are out of print. Guess why I prefer ebooks by far? No out-of-printness.