Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Who is Tom Thomas?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Saharvetes (last edited Mar 05, 2011 09:01AM) (new)

Saharvetes (saharavetes) | 11 comments This author: Tom Thomas seems to have written hundreds of books; co-authoring with everyone from William Shakespeare to Friedrich Nietzsche to Albert Einstein. In particular, what do we do with books that have only him as author, like this one?

Ralph Gallagher | 212 comments It looks like he published a bunch of public domain works through CreateSpace and is crediting himself as the author.

message 3: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl I didn't know that was possible. What a douche.

message 4: by willaful (new)

willaful Lobstergirl wrote: "What a douche."

Can we put that as his author description?

message 5: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl Not a bad idea...

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 25909 comments LOL!

message 7: by Jonathon (new)

Jonathon (jonp) | 146 comments The Cisco/Networking books are Thomas M. Thomas II I will fix those and merge the Thomas M. Thomas page also.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44590 comments Mod
willaful wrote: "Can we put that as his author description?"

No. But I understand the temptation.

message 9: by Erich (new)

Erich | 38 comments rivka: but shouldn't all these books basically list the original author as author, and Tom Thomas as editor?

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For | 949 comments Eiseli wrote: "rivka: but shouldn't all these books basically list the original author as author, and Tom Thomas as editor?"

That seems like a good idea to me. I've actually seen him listed as such on another site.

message 11: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44590 comments Mod
Eiseli wrote: "rivka: but shouldn't all these books basically list the original author as author, and Tom Thomas as editor?"

Yup.

message 12: by Erich (new)

Erich | 38 comments Ok, did that. Wow, there was a lot to do. However didn't have the time to focus on other details (like lots of the books mention "Volume 1" while there is no volume 2, so I reckon it should be removed. By the way, there's another Tom Thomas which I discovered in the process, so the Tom Thomas we're talking of now is located here: Tom Thomas (2 spaces)