SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

RIP: Dead/Expired Threads > March is Urban Fantasy month on Pocket After Dark

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments I got an email from PAD saying:

"Hello, Pocket After Dark members! We have a great month planned for PAD, with a special emphasis on Urban Fantasy. We'll have a big giveaway of books from your favorite Urban Fantasy authors (details to be announced shortly), as well as a guest blog from ALL THINGS URBAN FANTASY on March 18th! Over on the Pocket After Dark Twitter, L.A. Banks will be joining us on March 29th for a Twitter chat about her new Urban Fantasy novel, SURRENDER THE DARK. Not to mention featured bonus content from Adrian Phoenix, Alayna Williams, and more!

And of course, we have the samples and books you all know and love, available for free on the Pocket After Dark homepage. Just click the grey box under the title that says "EXCERPT", "SNEAK PEEK," OR "FREE BOOK" to start reading. These titles are not available for free downloads, but the handy PAD reader will remember your place in the novel and automatically open to it when you return. Here's what you can read this month:

Our "One Night Stand" title is AFFAIR WITHOUT END, by Candace Camp.

Our "Little Tease" titles that are available until March 14th are:

* Crossed, by J.F. Lewis
* Dragon Warrior, by Janet Chapman
* How to Woo a Reluctant Lady, by Sabrina Jeffries

And available until March 31st are:

* Shameless, by Karen Robards
* How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf, by Molly Harper
* Etched in Bone, by Adrian Phoenix
* Light at Winter's End, by Julia London

And our free books are:

* Moonlight Warrior, by Janet Chapman (available until March 14th)
* Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs, by Molly Harper (available until March 31st)
* Highlander of Her Own, by Melissa Mayhue (available from March 15th to April 14th)"

message 2: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments BTW - has anyone read Moonlight Warrior? I noticed it's listed as #1 of "Midnight Bay" series, but #7 of "Pine Creek Highlander" series. Do you know if you have to read all the PCH series first?

Since it's a freebie, I might give it a go, but didn't want to bother if the other series s/b read first. Thanks :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 05, 2011 05:08AM) (new)

I have read Moonlight Warrior and loved it! I also just finished the second book Dragon Warrior last month and loved that as well. I hadn't read all of the highlander books before picking this one up and it doesn"t affect the story line at all there are a few references to the highlander series but nothing that would make you feel confused. I say go for it, it is free after all ;)

message 4: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Very cool. Thanks, Kat. I might just do that. :)