TV We've Just Watched discussion

Cancelled/Series Ended > Mr. Sunshine

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments I really enjoy this show! I think it has earned itself a topic!

This week's show was so funny. I really liked when the employees made fun of Ben's lack of chin ("It's a Chinneck!) and how Crystal's hair kept getting curlier and curlier throughout the episode.

Diane, the lady who made the bread, was played by the same actress who plays Finn's mom on Glee.

message 2: by Holli (new)

Holli Can't wait to watch... I'm behind on shows this week and this is one of them. I do love this show though!!

message 3: by Joy H. (last edited Mar 11, 2011 09:58AM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 172 comments Thank you, Holli for directing me to this thread. I had posted a message about the show in the Questions section because I was unable to find the topic during a search. I'll edit my message and include it below (no sense wasting it): (g)
=======================================================
3/9/11
I just tuned into "Mr. Sunshine" on ABC (Wed. 9:30PM).
http://abc.go.com/shows/mr-sunshine

Here's the show's description:
========================================
"Matthew Perry stars as Ben Donovan, the general manager of the Sunshine Center, who every night navigates a never-ending series of bizarre requests, curious mishaps and employee screw ups to put on a show for 18,000 screaming people.

"Working alongside him is his boss and arena owner Crystal, attractive, powerful and highly erratic; Alice, the cute, tomboyish marketing director and Ben's friend with benefits; Alonzo, a former basketball player, handsome and unbelievably happy; Ben's assistant, Heather, pretty, sweet, but terrifying because she once lit a boyfriend on fire; and Crystal's son, Roman, sweet-faced, clueless and Ben's newest employee.

"Mr. Sunshine" stars Matthew Perry ("Friends") as Ben, Allison Janney ("The West Wing") as Crystal, Andrea Anders as Alice, James Lesure as Alonzo and Nate Torrence as Roman."
========================================
I plan to watch next Wednesday.

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I LOVE Matthew Perry. He was always my favorite on Friends. But it comes on the same time Criminal Minds is on. The good one with Thomas Gibson. But it was a rerun this week, so i did get to watch it & it was very funny. I liked his other show he had, but it got the ax. I hope he finds success with this one.

message 5: by Joy H. (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 172 comments I hope he does too, Lori.

message 6: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I'm kind of liking its quirkiness but still feels a little predictable.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I'm enjoying this show. I feel like it could stay or go. Must look up ratings to see how it's doing. I love Roman! I like the firebug assistant thing. It took me a few shows to see Matthew Perry as Ben instead of Chandler, but it's all good now!

message 8: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments I'm not sure what the ratings are for this show, but if it keeps most of Modern Family's audience, then it should do fine.

message 9: by Holli (new)

Holli This is a show that's "on the bubble" I think with the networks. I hope it stays because I love it.....

message 10: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments Who would have thought Smurfs could lead to so many quotable moments?!

Crystal: I have Smurf history. Let's just leave it at that.

Heather: Ben, I just got a message from Papa Smurf. He says that they are Smurfing the show tonight.

Crystal: They're everywhere! First on TV, now on ice. Dammit! They're talented.

And the best one...

Heather: Ben, if it helps, there are things we can do to Smurfs. Untraceable things.
Ben: We are so smurfed.

That is writing genius!

message 11: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments Holli wrote: "This is a show that's "on the bubble" I think with the networks. I hope it stays because I love it....."

They need to do some stunt casting for high profile guest stars. Aniston, Bieber, and even Charlie Sheen!

Stunt casting to avoid: Schwimmer, James Franco, Paula Abdul.

message 12: by Holli (new)

Holli LOL!! I agree Stacy!

message 13: by Joy H. (last edited Mar 16, 2011 06:52PM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 172 comments Anybody watching? It's on ABC now.
PS-This episode is called: "Lingerie Football". This is the original air date, 3/16/11.

message 14: by Holli (new)

Holli Mr Sunshine has been cancelled.......

message 15: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments Oh, fudge!!!