Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > Beastly

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn It came out today, so no. But this one I really want to see (even if they mucked with the story a bit).

message 3: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (truejourney) | 315 comments I am going to go see it tomorrow. I was planning on reading the book first, but I guess that idea's out.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments If it was showing here I would sure go but have to drive over an hour and will try to go next week or so. I read the book - they mucked with the story some by casting a cheer leader looking girl in the part of a plain girl he would not have been interested in. But I will be going to see Alex anyway.

message 5: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Ivy | 4 comments im seeing it today ill let u know how it is

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Hendrix (lisahendrix) | 57 comments Haven't seen it, but it's getting really nice comments on Twitter from those who have.

message 7: by Ladymcbeth (new)

Ladymcbeth | 53 comments I read the book ... quite good ... but if i want to watch the film i have to wait its translation :/
So i hope you tell me if it's a good film or if it's better in book :)

message 8: by Jacquel (new)

Jacquel (clairevioletthorpe) | 127 comments I've been debating on whether or not I should see the movie. It looks good, though.

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 134 comments Saw it earlier this week and I liked it. It was teen cheesy goodness.

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 152 comments OOOO I REALLY want to see this! It looks very interesting. And Alex Pettyfer is a GOD.

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Why did they make him look like a tattooed freak in the movie? Against my better judgment, I guess I'll see it xD

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) wrote: "If it was showing here I would sure go but have to drive over an hour and will try to go next week or so. I read the book - they mucked with the story some by casting a cheer leader looking girl i..."

The casting of Hudgens frustrated me to no end. She didn't fit the role of Lindy as described by the book at all.

I'm just going to wait to see it when it's out on DVD. My husband was patient enough to sit through I am Number Four and that one was slightly too teen focused for his tastes, even with all the action. This one might make him want to shoot himself.

message 13: by ☽ Rhiannon ✭ (new)

☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾ (pnr_list) | 133 comments How is Lindy described in the book?

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I loaned my book out but as I remember she is poor and plain and I pictures her as a cute girl but not one who did the makeup and pretty clothes thing and so not one a hot guy would look twice at - and he didn't.

message 15: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn I would have to look back in my copy and see...

I am reserving judgement as far as Hudgen's acting is concerned. Her parents are responsible for her Disney career. Now she is an adult, she is able to choose her own roles.

message 16: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn "She was probably in my classes, a sort of mousy-looking girl with a red braid and freckles. She didn't look like she belonged at the Plaza. She must have been a scholarship student because they made them do all the grunt work like taking tickets. Obviously, no one asked her to the dance, or ever bought her flowers, not even a cheap, broken rose."
- Page 28 of the original paperback