Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Wicked 2 Watch > Books to Movies

Comments Showing 1-50 of 224 (224 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Mar 04, 2011 02:26PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) For our fantasy dreamcasting, talk of books being made into movies, or even fan made youtube trailers and book trailers.

The book doesn't have to be in movie production if you want to talk about it anyway.

To post a picture use this link but take out the exclamation point to unbreak it.

message 2: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Aug 21, 2011 12:23AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Dimitri from Vampire Academy (Ben Barnes)

Finnick from Hunger Games (Garrett Hedlund)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Zsadist from BDB (Wentworth Miller) :

message 4: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments I have picked up white cat and VA this past weekend and so I haven't read it but I like the Ben Bernes idea!!!

message 5: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Aug 21, 2011 12:24AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Mackayla Lane :

Blake Lively

[image error]

Amber Heard

girl in drive angry Pictures, Images and Photos

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I'll look for my Night Huntress and Hathaways pictures later.

message 7: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments Finnichs wearing my shirt! Lol

You read my mind Stacia. I was wondering this morning how many people realize that many of the movies that are made are adaptations from BOOKS.
Wonderful, timeless, enlightening books! And without them, we'd have considerably less material to draw from.
With that said, it is often fun to see your favorite characters brought to life.

message 8: by Leea (new)

Leea Stacia - Registered Cake Offender wrote: "First choice (and she's the right age!) Blake Lively as
Mackayla Lane :

Dude... That's just how i envisioned Mac... Blake Lively has that pink innocent look that Mac had at the beginning of the books.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Ladyhawk wrote: "Finnichs wearing my shirt! Lol

You read my mind Stacia. I was wondering this morning how many people realize that many of the movies that are made are adaptations from BOOKS.
Wonderful, timeless,..."

I love talking about books that may or may not become movies. Someone I know irl was recently complaining to me that there are too many books being made into movies and my mouth about dropped open.

Would I rather see a good book (of any genre) being made into a movie, or do I want to see another remake of an old t.v. show or movie, or the 50th Superman or Robin Hood movie?

I'd rather see an interesting book that has a fresh idea being made into a movie any day.

The Fever series is being looked at as a t.v. show for the syfy network, and I think that book series would translate better to television. A movie would leave out too much detail for the constraint of time. We've already had that discussion about Outlander as well, although I'd prefer a production on HBO or Starz to network cable. I'm not sure how they'd handle Fever's scenes with the 4 and the Priya incident without a TV-MA rating.

message 10: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Mercy Thompson Series

Tinsel Korey
Tinsel Korey as Mercy Thompson

David Boreanaz
David Boreanaz as Adam Hauptman

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Ooooh I like him for Adam!

I thought of the other chick from Twilight (yours is the one who is Sam's mate?) who plays Leah as my Mercy.

Julia Jones :

message 12: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Yeah, Julia is cool. I just thought Tinsel fit more age-wise, as Mercy is 32. Julia seems a tiny bit young.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Good point.

message 14: by Leea (new)

Leea another series i really want to read...

message 15: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
I have the first book~ May start it soon. You guys have definatly piqued my interest.

message 16: by Leea (new)

Leea Things that make you go hmmmmm!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I saw this as a cast pick in another group for Win from Hathaways and loved it :

Rosamund Pike
[image error]

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Oh, and I can't remember if we talked about it in this group or not (I tend to forget where I have conversations, unfortunately so I might be going senile in my 30's), but is anyone a fan of the Stephanie Plum series?

I'm curious how people feel about the casting of Katherine Heigl for the role of Stephanie.

message 19: by Leea (new)

Leea I have not read them yet but in the Outlander Group they talked ALL about it. Mainly because Katherine Heigl wanted to play Claire and Wow... That got us going. Have you read them Stacia?

Don't worry with all your groups it's hard to keep it all straight...

message 20: by Leea (new)

Leea Are they going to make the Hathaway's into a movie? or just looking at pics for fun? That's a great Win.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I have not yet, but they're on my massive TBR pile. One of my GR book twins loves the series, so she's trying to get me to try it. I hear there's a lot of humor in the books.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Katherine as Claire does not compute with me.

message 23: by Leea (new)

Leea My BFF love them and want's me to read them as well. Same here... ton's on my TBR list so i can't get to them yet. They sound like great vacation reads... might read them when we head to S. Cali in a few months.

message 24: by Leea (new)

Leea Stacia - Registered Cake Offender wrote: "Katherine as Claire does not compute with me."

Can you imagine the Outlander fans... that was a HOT Topic for sure. I don't think they are ever going to make that movie.

message 25: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Mar 06, 2011 03:49PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I'd rather see it as an HBO series, similar to what I want for the Fever series.

message 26: by Leea (new)

Leea I would like that as well... I guess time will tell.

message 27: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Stacia - Registered Cake Offender wrote: "I'd rather see it as an HBO series, similar to what I want for the Fever series."

That is the only way to do them justice on screen..

message 28: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I love Blake Lively, and she has the look, but I'm not sure if her personality is right for early Mac. Mac was so perky and Blake seems so mature, even in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

She's not my prime face, just because I'm not sure how pretty I think she is, but every single time I watch Harry's Law I crack up because Brittney Snow really acts like Mac to me, early Mac I mean. You guys should Hulu last weeks episode and see what I mean. It's the one where her character's car is stolen.

Photobucket

And of course, I've said this before, this is my Barrons...

Photobucket

I'm more excited about Fever as a series then I am about it being a movie!

message 29: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments Love your Barrons! Glad your willing to share. Lol! (holy moley!)

message 30: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Hahaha!! I suppose I could loosen my hold... He can be OUR Barrons. :)

message 31: by Leea (new)

Leea Body works... Face is all wrong for me ~ But i also don't find him attractive. I know ~ Crazy me!!

message 32: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Mar 07, 2011 02:24PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Are you one in the Gandy camp?

message 33: by Leea (last edited Mar 07, 2011 02:30PM) (new)

Leea Oh YES I AM!!! I'm Gandy for anything, i'll watching him Eat lunch, tie his shoes or shower ~ Whatever! Wow he's just hot!!
Thanks again Stacia!!

message 34: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I think Gandy is a great Barrons idea. But he's like Aubry for Jamie. He's a model, not an actor. So chances are slim to none. Plus, I almost think he's too handsome to be Barrons.

I'm not one who normally swoons over Joe Manganiello either. But, in the beginning Mac describes Barrons like this...

"About 30, six foot two or three, he had dark hair, golden skin, and dark eyes. His features were strong, chisled. I couldn't pinpoint his nationality anymore then I could his accent; some kind of European crossed with Old World Mediteranean or maybe an ancestor with Dark Gypsy blood.... He wasn't handsome. That was too calm a word. He was intensely masculine. He was sexual. He attracted. There was an omnipresent carnality about him, in his dark eyes, in his full mouth, in the way he stood."

I guess that picture and the face of Joe Manganiello is what I see when I read that.

message 35: by Megan (new)

Megan | 135 comments Stacia - Registered Cake Offender wrote: "Are you one in the Gandy camp?

"

I love Gandy Candy :)

message 36: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments ...He was intensely masculine...

Oh my!!

message 37: by Leea (new)

Leea Wendy F wrote: "I think Gandy is a great Barrons idea. But he's like Aubry for Jamie. He's a model, not an actor. So chances are slim to none. Plus, I almost think he's too handsome to be Barrons.

I'm not o..."

ohhh YESSSS!!! That's what is awesome about books. Most of the time they are just in our heads. No matter who we picture as Barrons. He's a fine man!!

message 38: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Oh yes he is. So friggin sexy! #1 Jamie Fraser, #2 Jericho Barrons!

Interesting that both of their Women describe them as 'not particularly handsome'. Mac says Barrons is 'intensely masculine' and Claire says that Jamie just has something charismatic about him that draws women... Thats even hotter then plain ole looks, I say!

message 39: by Leea (new)

Leea I agree... I would say for me it's #1 Jamie Fraser, #2 Alexander (the bronze horseman)... But i read those first so :)

Either way these are all fine men...

message 40: by Wendy F (last edited Mar 08, 2011 08:35AM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I haven't read TBH yet. I have it on my shelf, but haven't gotten around to picking it up.

Oddly enough I tend to avoid a book once it's been compared too favorably with a favorite of mine. I have this odd strange issue with not giving my favorite's competition, and I have a hard time overcoming it. Once I read that some people liked TBH more then Outlander I lost interest in it. It's the same thing with Demonica or Dark-Hunters series being compared more favorably with BDB. I know that logically that's stupid, but I just can't seem to get past my hang up.

I need to force myself because of course people would like it more, it's all about personal opinion, but I'm scared that I'll like it more, lmfao.

message 41: by Leea (new)

Leea I would say the only comparison between the Bronze Horseman and Outlander is they are both Epic love stories that span a lifetime. I cannot say anything bad about BH but he's not Jamie (In my opinion). Alexander is a flawed character with a lifetime of hurt to get over. I just love the books and would say give them a go - You wont like it more :) It's really Diana's writing that BH cannot out do. Her ability to make characters feel real and human. Show the pain and their way of surviving. Bronze horseman is a wonderful view on Communism and Hitlers Invasion of Soviet Union in 1941.

message 42: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I bought it, so I'm going to read it. And it does sound really good, I've not read alot of historical's from that time period. So I'll try to bump it up my list, but after I finish It I'll be ready for some lighter smaller reads before I pick up another epic.

Funny, I've not met anyone else who has the same hang up like that.

message 43: by Leea (new)

Leea You bought it? That's great!! I would suggest getting all 3 because i had to wait and it was beyond painful. Well let me know what you think about it? It was not my first book about this time period but about the Soviet Unions involvement in WWII it was. I had no real interest in that part of the world. After i finished the book i felt like i had a front row view of communism at it's worst. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

message 44: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) It might still be a bit. I'm only about 55% through 'It', but I'll try to get to it either in March or April.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I really hope this isn't true ...

I'm going to copy and paste the article, since it was giving me pop ups and I'd rather not pass those on to you guys!

Sigh...she does not look like how Katniss was described at all. Hair dye and a spray tan may not fix this one.

'Hunger Games' movie is thiiis close to finding its Katniss

After weeks of speculation and rumors, one of the most coveted roles in Hollywood - that of Katniss Everdeen, the butt-kicking lead character in the big-screen adaptation of Suzanne Collins' "Hunger Games" trilogy -- could finally be cast today (March 14).

Actress Jennifer Lawrence, in a scene from 'Winter's Bone.'
And the winner is? Not Hailee Steinfeld ("True Grit") or Abigail Breslin -- both of whom had been rumored to be in the running.

Rather, the role is reportedly being offered to Jennifer Lawrence, according to the Hollywood Reporter and various other online news sources.

Lawrence, of course, is the young actress who captured everyone's attention -- and an Oscar nomination -- for her performance as a steely teenager in last year's "Winter's Bone." So, although the 20-year-old actress might at first blush seem a smidge old for the role of 16-year-old Katniss -- not to mention fairer in complexion - she's definitely got the right stuff when it comes to convincingly playing a young woman who can take care of herself.

Collins' young-adult trilogy is set in the near future, in a time in which children are pitted against one another in gladiatorial "games" to the death. When Katniss is chosen to compete, she ends up unexpectedly sparking a revolution among people opposed to the games.

Along the way, no small amount of social commentary is added to the mix as Collins explores the impact of violence on children.

Given how popular the New York Times Bestseller is (both among young adults and their parents) this project has potential blockbuster written all over it - and it could do for Lawrence what the "Twilight" series did for a certain other young actress. That is, it could catapult her from respected young actress to full-blown stardom.

The reason? Because not only do Collins' stories contain the smoochiness that "Twilight" fans apparently crave, but it's also strong on action as well as social relevance. In other words, this is far more than a tween romance.

"The Hunger Games" will be directed by Gary Ross ("Seabiscuit," "Pleasantville") for Lionsgate. Production begins this May in Georgia and North Carolina, with an eye toward a spring 2012 release.

So far, no official cast announcements have been made.

message 46: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) They actually mentioned this in the other group too. Supposedly she blew the audition out of the water. So if her acting is great, I'll accept the different looks.

Here she is with brown hair.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhn...

message 47: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Yeah, so many physical features can be changed, so it is her persona that may matter most.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) It's official now. She was cast for the role.

message 49: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I saw that too, today. Hope she's as good as they're saying.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Their Peeta choices are all kinda meh. My Peeta is Ed Speelers :

[image error]

« previous 1 3 4 5