Terminalcoffee discussion

Sharing Time: > How's your breath?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Mine is normally good, but it's been kickin' all day. I couldn't figure it out until I remembered that the go-away-virus stuff I'm taking includes zinc, vitamin C, elderberry, and GARLIC. I've been taking massive doses of garlic for several days now.
Should I cancel my hair appointment for tomorrow? Do I tip extra for hazard pay? She has to deal with my cold-having face too...

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments If you've had this a few days, you're probably not contageous anymore. As for the garlic...I just don't know what to tell you.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I go so rarely that I forget how these things work. I just don't want to sneeze on her. She gives me beer.

message 4: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments your hairdresser serves beer?

my breath is about to improve a ton as i am going to brush my teeth now.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24262 comments Mod
Just suck on some Altoids as you sit in the chair.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Didn't we decide that Altoids only add another layer of funk to the breath?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Do they? I thought they were a nuclear-level obliteration of all previously existing odors.

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Oh, I ALWAYS worry about my breath because sometimes I have to get close to people when I'm teaching.

I don't think anyone has good breath. People just have different degrees of bad.

message 9: by Michael (new)

Michael I agree that there's no good breath unless someone's maybe just had a wintergreen mint. But I think there's neutral breath that doesn't have any smell. Breath that frightens me, and thankfully I don't encounter it often, is when people's breath smells like feces.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

And another thread.....

message 11: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Grody.

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments My B-I-L introduced me to Dr. Harold Katz's breath mints. They're amazing and addictive. I have a large box of them that I bought after Christmas -mandarin mint ones. The box is still more than halfway full. They taste good with beer, too.

message 13: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 1034 comments I have read somewhere that if you lick the inside of your wrist, wait a few seconds, then smell the inside of your wrist you will be able to smell what your breath smells like.

message 14: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) *runs off to get mouthwash*

message 15: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments That's true, Arminius.

Also good to know - parsley is used as a garnish at most restaurants, but it's also a breath freshener. And if you're toothbrushless, eat an apple - it'll clean your teeth. Doesn't freshen your breath, though...

Dr. Katz mints - I meant to mention they come 100 to a box. That's alot.

message 16: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i have parsley toothpaste.

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments janine wrote: "your hairdresser serves beer?"
Yep! Well, this Saturday it was a choice between wine, whiskey, and tea. I chose the tea since I'm still trying to get over this cold.

message 18: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17334 comments Mod
Leah has good breath.

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments My pony has lovely minty breath and my dog has better-than-average-but-still-doggy dog breath. I guess that may be the herbivore-carnivore divide.

message 20: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "janine wrote: "your hairdresser serves beer?"
Yep! Well, this Saturday it was a choice between wine, whiskey, and tea. I chose the tea since I'm still trying to get over this cold."

i need to find a hairdresser like that.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I haven't seen her drink any. It's there for the clients.

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Barb wrote: "Ya, but what would you tell her to do while under the influence? You might take a drunken fancy for bangs dyed blue or something."

In truth, I've never finished a drink there. I'm sure I could get a buzz going if I first did a shot when I walked in the door, but it's not really set up for that. You walk in, you make a drink, you sit down for a couple of minutes. You get called in by the shampoo girl. You put your drink down to get shampooed. You pick it up again to change to the hair cut chair. You might get a sip in, but then she's cutting your hair. Then she's done, shows you your hair, and that's more or less it. I guess you can stay and finish your drink, but I don't.

message 23: by Sally, la reina (new)

I used to have bangs dyed blue! Let me find a picture.

My sister went to a salon in Portland once that gave her beer. The haircut was something like 29 seconds for them to chop her hair dry in a straight line across her back.

message 24: by Sally, la reina (new)

In so many ways, Canadian.

message 25: by Sally, la reina (new)

Photobucket is being a BITCH and won't let me in. Leah is crawling all over the house while I search. I'm hungry.

I can feel a perfect storm brewing.