Fantastic Fantasy and Science Fiction discussion

Noteworty Writers and Works > Looking for fans of Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 109 comments Mod
I am looking for people who have already read or plan to read The Ale Boy's Feast when it comes out in a few weeks. It is book four of the Auralia's Colors series. This is one of the most challenging series I have read but it is also one of the most creative fantasy worlds I have come across in a very long time. So are you a fan?

message 2: by Jesslyn (new)

Jesslyn (jesslynh) | 69 comments Mod
ARGHHHH! Okay, this post along with another one you've sent made me sample it for my Kindle and now I'm getting it. I couldn't figure out I'd I liked the writing and storytelling style or not, just that I wanted to keep reading.

I was trying to make it through all the 3/1 releases before I got anything new. Heavy sigh (but thanks for the recommendation)

message 3: by Nolan (new)

Nolan | 1 comments Totally loved this series. The Ale Boy's Feast is the best of the four!

message 4: by jD (new)

I loved Ale Boy's Feast but was not really happy with all aspects of the ending. I am guessing about what really happened to the King. However, I thought the secret of their origins was spectacular. I never saw that coming. My theory was blown out of the water.

message 5: by Jesslyn (last edited Jun 18, 2011 10:05AM) (new)

I tried and made it about 60% in, but couldn't finish. It was just too.....disjointed for me.

message 6: by jD (new)

Did you read the whole series? I do agree, it is a tough one and a bit disjointed. That's actually a very good word for describing it. I got attached to a couple of characters like I did in Game of Thrones, so I wanted to make sure they survive.

message 7: by Jesslyn (new)

No, I couldn't finish the first one. I tried really hard. Maybe I will pick it up in the future, but another problem is that I really didn't care what happened to anybody in the story. I realized that I was just reading to get to the end.

Once I figured that out, I stopped.

message 8: by jD (new)

You know it's odd you would say that because it was the second book Cyndre's Midnight that gave me the character I came to love. The first book was so weird that I thought it was me because the reviews are pretty good. I was awed by the strangness of it...so complex it's almost code. So I dug my heals in. I don't do that anymore since I realized there are easier picking like Farseer and Kushniel's Legacy. I really did not like how ale Boy ended the series. Still didn't resolve a load of crap.

Fantastic Fantasy and Science Fiction

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Ale Boy's Feast (other topics)