Ted Dekker Fans discussion

The Priest's Graveyard

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 11 comments New Ted Dekker book coming out next month...here's a link for the video promoting it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dpDWG...

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris Baker | 1 comments Can't wait for this book!

message 3: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 11 comments I know! I'm already on the waiting list for it at my library...4th in line the minute it comes out. :P

message 4: by Beth (new)

Beth (vanburren) | 4 comments A friend of mine went to a Ted Dekker book signing in Indiana and bought me a copy of his new book and had him sign it for me. I haven't recieved it yet, and I'm getting really impatient! I can't wait to get it!

message 5: by Torie (last edited May 20, 2011 09:17AM) (new)

Torie (keybender) | 7 comments Ted Dekker amazes me. He writes another mind-blowing book EVERY SINGLE YEAR!! How will I ever catch up - and keep up - with him?!?! It still feels like 'The Bride Collector' just came out. ;) But since then, 'Immanuel's Veins' and now 'The Priest's Graveyard' have shown up!! Crazy!
I'm currently in the process of reading "Red," which is book 2 in the Circle Series. BRILLIANT!!!!

message 6: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 11 comments I agree, RED is an amazing book!!!!! Simply unbelievably gooood. Prepare to cry, grab some tissues and make sure you have them handy! Haha. ...and he doesn't write a new book every year, it's every 6 months. lol. His newest one, Forbidden, comes out this September. :P

message 7: by Torie (new)

Torie (keybender) | 7 comments AAAAHHHHH!!! I'm starting to get curious.... almost suspicious.... of him! I mean, how does one come up with a new plot with new characters and fantastic twists and thrill rides EVERY SIX MONTHS!?!?!

message 8: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 11 comments Hahahaha. Well I heard an interview with him once where he said this is why he writes books that are so intense and hard to put down...because otherwise he'd get completely bored with it while writing!! :P

message 9: by Torie (last edited May 24, 2011 10:19AM) (new)

Torie (keybender) | 7 comments AMAZING! He rawks my sawks awff. :p :p The last book of his I read was 'Chosen.' I just bought 3 of its sequels: 'Infidel,' 'Renegade,' and 'Chaos,' so I'm pretty excited about that!!! I also bought Black/Red/White - 3 books in one! - and 'Green' on the side, lol. I'm a little crazy. I already own 'Skin,' 'Thunder of Heaven,' 'Obsessed,' and 'Kiss,' but I have no clue whether I'll ever even end up reading all of 'em! Probably not, actually. :/ I'm especially interested in the Circle Series and Lost Books series more than any others at the moment!

message 10: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 11 comments Oh yeah, the Circle series is probably one of the most fantastically brilliant series ever written. Lost books 1-4 I really like too; didn't care for 5 and 6 (he got a co-author on those and she sucked!)...you have some serious reading to do to catch up!! Haha. I've read all of his books so far except Blink. I didn't care for Skin though; it was well-written but the ending just seemed unreal and pointless to me. But Circle is FANTASTIC...I recommend that series to everyone!! And after you read that, you should read Immanuel's Veins because that one ties into it in a way I can't tell you because it'll give it away! lol

message 11: by Beth (new)

Beth (vanburren) | 4 comments Out of all of his books, I want the Circle series the most!

message 12: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Olson (girlsmama) | 2 comments Beth wrote: "Out of all of his books, I want the Circle series the most!" That is definitely where I would start - that series is amazing and the more you read all of his books there always seems to be a new thing that ties in to those books. It's great!

message 13: by Beth (new)

Beth (vanburren) | 4 comments Cheryl wrote: "Beth wrote: "Out of all of his books, I want the Circle series the most!" That is definitely where I would start - that series is amazing and the more you read all of his books there always seems t..."

Thank you for that little bit of info! I will certainly be sure to get the Circle series and read those before I read any of his other books!

message 14: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Olson (girlsmama) | 2 comments Beth wrote: "Cheryl wrote: "Beth wrote: "Out of all of his books, I want the Circle series the most!" That is definitely where I would start - that series is amazing and the more you read all of his books there..."

My pleasure- I'm one of those "Dekkies" who has read everything Ted has written. For some reason his books completely take me in and I am just in what I call "Dekker" world because they are such compelling reads. I know that hs is not for everyone, but I think he is a really gifted writer.

message 15: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 11 comments Cheryl wrote:For some reason his books completely take me in and I am just in what I call "Dekker" world because they are such compelling reads. I know that hs is not for everyone, but I think he is a really gifted writer

Haha. Dekker world is definitely awesome!!!!

message 16: by Torie (new)

Torie (keybender) | 7 comments Oh yes, from my vantage point, after reading multiple Dekker books, I would DEFINITELY recommend reading the Circle Series first. Then probably Showdown.................. Ahhh how I love these books!!

message 17: by April (new)

April | 11 comments Beth wrote: "Out of all of his books, I want the Circle series the most!"

Yes...I would start here! There are so many others that feed you bits at a time...The other books are even better (if that's possible) if you have the Circle as background first! ENJOY!