The Gateroom discussion

Stargate General Chat > Stargate Actors You Saw Elsewhere...

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 187 comments Mod
Whether on another TV show or in a movie, where have you seen Stargate SG1/Atlantis/Universe actors ?

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth  (canadianbeth) | 28 comments Last year - or the year before - there was a new series called Women's Murder Club. Joe Flanigan played an FBI agent on it. It did not last long because of the strike and did not return afterwards.

Michael Shanks was on CSI:Miami a couple of years ago and I seem to remember that the actor who played Jonas Quinn was too. Most of the other actors are Canadian so I do not see them on anything as I do not tend to watch Canadian-made shows (avoid CBC as much as possible).

Beth - ;)
in Calgary

message 3: by Anastasia (new)

Michael Shanks was also in an episode of Eureka, and an episode of Sanctuary. Teryl Rothery was in Eureka too I think.

I remember reading somewhere Joe Flanigan was in an episode of Murphy Brown ages ago.

Jewel Staite of course was in Firefly.

message 4: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Whoa, what episode of Eureka was Michael in? I don't remember that, or Teryl. Ill go back and look... maybe I just don't remember.

Morena Baccarin (who plays Adria in SG-1) is also in the new ABC tv show, V, as the Queen of the Visitors. I think she is wonderful in this. I believe she is also in Firefly, though don't quote me on that one.

I also seem to remember that Lexa Doig, who plays Dr. Lee in the last few seasons of SG-1, was in both Eureka a couple of different times as well as ABC's V with (as a small role). I've noticed her in quite a few SyFy shows.

The last I remember is that Jodelle Ferland, who played Bree in the newest Twilight movie, was the actress for Adria at age seven.

message 5: by Anastasia (new)

Lexa Doig was a regular on Andromeda (that's actually how she and Michael Shanks met)

Michael Shanks was in season 2 of Eureka, an ep closer to the end of the season where gold stuff turned to rust. And Teryl Rothery was also in season 2 of Eureka a few episodes before Michael Shanks.

and of course Ben Browder and Claudia Black were regulars on Farscape. to which SG1 did a shoutout to in 200 with Michael Shanks 'playing' Crichton.

Morena Baccarin was also in Firefly.

Bjorn-The Last Viking Claudia was hilarious as Vala. Can't seem to recall them being in any shows at this late hour...."yawn"

message 7: by Anastasia (new)

Claudia had a guest role on NCIS last year I think. She played a biker bar owner.

message 8: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Ahh, I guess I do remember Michael in Eureka to an extent. I'll go back and look for Teryl.

message 9: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Oh, and Michael is appearing in Red Riding Hood, out tomorrow.

Bjorn-The Last Viking fun...

message 11: by Anastasia (new)

I wanna see Joe Flanigan in something. Apparently he was in Warehouse 13, season 1 episode 6. Somehow i missed it. O.o

message 12: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I don't watch Warehouse 13 regularly, but I know he's in the thriller movie Good Day For It coming out this year.

message 13: by Kayla (new)

Kayla And a new Stargate movie.

Bjorn-The Last Viking :o A new stargate movie? i think ive seen every stargate movie there is.

message 15: by Anastasia (new)

Yeah. that movie's been on hold for a while now given MGM's financial issues. strange they green lit yet another James Bond movie though. Oy!

Bjorn-The Last Viking Whats it called?

message 17: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Stargate: Extinction

message 19: by Anastasia (new)

So, I was wondering if anyone's seen "A Dog's breakfast" ? It's got David Hewlett, Kate Hewlett, Christopher Judge, Paul McGillion, and Rachel Luttrell in it.

message 20: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Nope, though now I'm gonna go look it up!

message 21: by Anastasia (new)

Paul McGillion without a Scottish accent feels weird to hear.

message 22: by Kayla (new)

Kayla OhmyGod, that's possible? *facepalm* Now I really have to go watch that!

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 16 comments Ben Browder was in a recent Doctor Who episode "A Town Called Mercy" he played Isaac the town's Sheriff.

message 24: by Anastasia (new)

And Michael Shanks was/is on a show called 'Saving Hope' they wrapped their first season, but the show has been renewed for a second season but will air in Canada I think. US networks dropped it due to lackluster ratings.

message 25: by Lea (new)

Lea Carter (klcislc) | 4 comments Michael Shanks was just in Gordie Howe: Mr. Hockey. And John Billingsley (Simon Coombs in SG-1, 2002) played Dr. Phlox in Star Trek: Enterprise (2001-2005).

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 16 comments Missed seeing the "Eureka" Episodes with M. Shanks and Teryl Rothery. Got to check those out.

Meanwhile Saul Rubinek (Emmett Bergmann the Documentary guy in "Heroes" pts 1&2) is one of the stars of Warehouse 13 he plays Artie Nielsen [For those who didn't know that] He was also the collector Kivas Fajo in Star Trek: The Next Generation "The Most Toys"

message 27: by A (new)

A M H | 4 comments "A Dog's Breakfast" is my favorite movie. It's so funny. Saw David Hewlett also in "Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes", "Splice", and "Cube". Saw Amanda Tapping in "Space Milkshake".