Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > March 2011 - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 252 (252 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments With Yz settling in her new home, she may not have time to create a new thread for March so I decided to butt in and create one. :)

Stop by and let us know what you have just read, currently reading or about to read.

message 2: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Today I just started Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James and I'm loving it so far. :)

message 3: by bug a boo (new)

bug a boo Greene (singlenalone) | 138 comments D.G. wrote: "With Yz settling in her new home, she may not have time to create a new thread for March so I decided to butt in and create one. :)

Stop by and let us know what you have just read, currently rea..."

lol ur so sweet and i am currently reading a book called Exposed its by Alex something....

message 4: by Layla (last edited Mar 04, 2011 07:47AM) (new)

Layla  is a Picky Reader  | 667 comments I finished yesterday What I Did For a Duke (Pennyroyal Green, #5) by Julie Anne Long and I'm thinking about reading A Lot Like Love by Julie James or Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione .

message 5: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 1058 comments I was reading Twice Tempted by a Rogue (Stud Club, #2) by Tessa Dare & Goddess of Spring (Goddess Summoning, #2) by P.C. Cast . Then I made the mistake of picking up Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer and it's taking up all my time.

message 6: by bug a boo (new)

bug a boo Greene (singlenalone) | 138 comments What are ya'll reading ??????

message 7: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 544 comments I'm almost finished Obsession Untamed (Feral Warriors, #2) by Pamela Palmer and I think I will be reading Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward or Tomorrow, When the War Began (The Tomorrow Series, #1) by John Marsden next.

message 9: by Abha (new)

Abha going to go pick up Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning from the library today. Cannot wait to read the finale of the series. <3 Jericho.

message 10: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I'm listening to Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs and Murder List (Buchanan, #4) by Julie Garwood . I'm reading Scoundrel (The Blades of the Rose, #2) by Zoe Archer and Texas Destiny (Texas Trilogy, Book 1) by Lorraine Heath .

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Abha wrote: "going to go pick up Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning from the library today. Cannot wait to read the finale of the series. <3 Jericho."

Oh, it's fabulous! I read them in beginning of Feb, but in a month or two I'm going to do a reread of all of them, lol!!

I'm not quite sure what to read... But I think I'm going to go with Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis which came in the mail today:-D Love JS!!

message 12: by Ann (new)

Ann (annabell123) I am working on Catching Fire, and plan on moving onto The Runaway Jury and The Iron King this weekend. I will possibly read The Surgeon also.

message 13: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) Carolyn F. wrote: "I'm listening to Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs and Murder List (Buchanan, #4) by Julie Garwood. I'm reading Scoundrel (The Blades of the Rose, #2) by Zoe Archer and Texas Destiny (Texas Trilogy, Book 1) by Lorraine Heath."

All four of those are awesome, Carolyn!

message 14: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I'm pretty lucky with this group, so far I haven't been disappointed.

message 15: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) | 194 comments Hi everyone! I finished The Duke of Shadows by Meredith Duran today - wow, what a book THAT was!

I've just started Sleeping Beauty (Avon Romantic Treasure) by Judith Ivory - first time reading this author.

message 16: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 394 comments I'm currently listening to Born in Death and Treachery in Death at the same time, well, kind of.

message 17: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) | 194 comments How's that working for you? (she says as tries to figure out how you keep the 2 books straight) :)

message 18: by Titta (new)

Titta (happodan) | 32 comments I started to read Naked in Death (In Death #1) by J.D. Robb . I really like it so far. :)

message 19: by Ann (new)

Ann (annabell123) Titta wrote: "I started to read Naked in Death (In Death #1) by J.D. Robb. I really like it so far. :)"

I really liked it also, but I haven't gone any further in the series. I've just had so many other books that have come first. I need to start working on this series some more.

message 20: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 2081 comments My reading list for March.

Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2) (Were-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dance With The Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Play (Dark-Hunter, #5) (Were-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater On a Highland Shore by Kathleen Givens Sword of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #1) by Kinley MacGregor Cold As Ice (Ice, #2) by Anne Stuart Uncertain Magic by Laura Kinsale
and At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost may be Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost .

message 21: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments I finished Into the Garden (Wildflowers, #5) by V.C. Andrews and How To Tempt A Duke by Kasey Michaels although I liked this book I didn't like the title...it didn't really match the plot :) I'm going to start Simply Magic (Simply, #3) by Mary Balogh !!

message 22: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 2081 comments Oh forgot The Wyndham Legacy (Legacy, #1) by Catherine Coulter for our March feature author.

message 23: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I started Wyvernhail (The Kiesha'ra, #5) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes this morning.

message 24: by Alara (new)

Alara (gaelen) I finished Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins today and I was like "OHMYGOD I want the next book!".

message 25: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Carolyn F. wrote: "I started Wyvernhail (The Kiesha'ra, #5) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes this morning."

How is it? I read the first book and just received books 2-5.. I didn't realize they were so short though:-(

I'm halfway through Body Check (New York Blades, #1) by Deirdre Martin and loving it:-D

message 26: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I actually like the shortness of the books. I can usually finish them in one day. It's good, not as good as the first book, but better than #4 Wolfcry. I thought at first I'd be glad that the series ended, but I'm wondering who the serpiente who comforted Sive was, they never name him/her, but I have my guesses.

message 27: by Abha (new)

Abha Just finished Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning . Not quite sure which of my March books I'm starting next. Need a mini-break from books after reading the whole series in 5 days. I'm exhausted.

message 28: by Shea (last edited Mar 05, 2011 03:01PM) (new)

Shea | 273 comments Started Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon a couple days ago. It's holding my interest thus far.

message 29: by Julie (last edited Mar 05, 2011 03:09PM) (new)

Julie | 9 comments Shea, wait til you get about 150 pages in; it really picks up and gets good! Outlander is one of my most favorite books out of any genre. Jamie is the best-love him!

message 30: by Shell (new)

Shell | 2 comments Wan "Artemis", the Dark-Hunters' Goddess wrote: "My reading list for March.

Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2) (Were-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn KenyonDance With The Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn KenyonKiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon[bookcover:Night Play (Dark-Hunter, #5)|8415..."

The Kenyon books are faves I go to again and again. :)The characters, dialogue and storylines make me laugh, cry, and cheer. Those are "can't put them down" books.

message 31: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I just finished Enforcer (Cascadia Wolves, #1) by Lauren Dane , it was okay. I'll read more of the series, but not for awhile.

message 32: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I just finished Veil of Night A Novel by Linda Howard which I really enjoyed. I'm now reading White Lies (Arcane Society, #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz .

message 33: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments I'm reading The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness . So far so good! :)

message 34: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 1873 comments I'm just about to start Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia

message 35: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments Finished Simply Magic (Simply, #3) by Mary Balogh but I still think the first book in the series is the best!! Starting T.L.C. by Barbara Delinsky .

message 36: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 1058 comments Mainly reading:

River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer Goddess of Spring (Goddess Summoning, #2) by P.C. Cast

message 37: by Megan (new)

Megan | 3 comments D.G. wrote: "Today I just started Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James and I'm loving it so far. :)"

I luv'd that and thought it was one of the best contemps last year.

message 38: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Megan - I finished it a few days ago and loved it. My first 5-star of the year!

Although I can see how it may not be for everybody. :)

message 39: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments DG & Megan... It was probably my fave JJ:-D

I just finished Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James and read Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane, #2) by Elizabeth Hoyt Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen today... All great books:-D

message 40: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ I'm about halfway through At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost and I'm really liking it.

message 41: by Julianna (last edited Mar 07, 2011 06:33PM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 1738 comments I'm re-reading Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke. I think this may have been my very first romance novel from my teen years.:-)
Love Comes Softly (Love Comes Softly, #1) by Janette Oke

message 42: by Shellbelle (new)

Shellbelle  | 195 comments Daffodil wrote: "I was reading Twice Tempted by a Rogue (Stud Club, #2) by Tessa Dare & Goddess of Spring (Goddess Summoning, #2) by P.C. Cast. Then I made the mistake of picking up Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer and it's taking up all my time."

I have really been wanting to read Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer , but keep putting if off... Are you liking it? Would you recommend me moving it up on my TBR list?

message 43: by Shellbelle (new)

Shellbelle  | 195 comments Okay just finished Never Again (Wizards of Nevermore, #1) by Michele Bardsley and I really liked it:) I would give it a 3.5, if you liked her Broken Heart, OK series you will prob like the Nevermore, TX series (even though they are pretty different, her writting style is pretty much the same).

Now I'm not sure what to start next, Maybe Saddled and Spurred  by Lorelei James or Accidentally Catty (Accidental Friends, #5) by Dakota Cassidy Any suggestions?

message 44: by D.G. (last edited Mar 08, 2011 05:22AM) (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments I'm not too fond of Dakota Cassidy so I say go with the Lorelei James. :)

Or if you feel like trying some historical, you can start The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1) by Elizabeth Hoyt which is one of my favorites. :)

message 45: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 2081 comments Shell wrote: "Wan "Artemis", the Dark-Hunters' Goddess wrote: "My reading list for March.

Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2) (Were-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn KenyonDance With The Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon[bookcover:Kiss of the Night|8..."

Totally agree. I love the series since book "0".

message 46: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) I just finished up Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah and now I'm reading PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern ... Next it's a toss up between Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4) by Charlaine Harris or The Hollow (The Hollow, #1) by Jessica Verday . I gave FireFly Lane 5 stars because I REALLY enjoyed it!

message 47: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 1058 comments Shellbelle wrote: "I have really been wanting to read Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer, but keep putting if off... Are you liking it? Would you recommend me moving it up on my TBR list?"

Definitely recommend this book. It's a historical, but doesn't "feel" like a historical. Thalia has been living in Mongolia since she was a little child, so she is a strong character with atypical views. Gabriel Huntley is also a very strong character, having been in the army for the majority of his adult life. But he hasn't become hardened and still cares about doing the right and fair thing. The book is well written and the action moves along well. I'm almost on the last page and am definitely going to be reading the other three books in this set.

message 48: by bug a boo (new)

bug a boo Greene (singlenalone) | 138 comments Heart broken again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 49: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 394 comments I'm currently listening to Spell of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning. I love this series. The only complaint I seem to have about Karen Marie Moning is that there is too much detail between thoughts of the characters. It's weird, because it's aptly descriptive, but I find myself anxious for the spoken conversation to resume.

message 50: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20380 comments Vanessa wrote: "I'm currently listening to Spell of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning. I love this series. The only complaint I seem to have about Karen Marie Moning ..."

I can't recall being annoyed with KMM re thought v conversation, but the author I found really annoying for this trait was Kendra Leigh Castle in her MacInnes Werewolves series. She could go for more than two pages of thoughts of the H/h, interupting a conversation. I had to go back to try to work out where the conversation left and picked back up again ALL the time. I gave up after the second book...

« previous 1 3 4 5 6