Fantasy Aficionados discussion

Off Topic > Suvudu Cage Match

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) Hey, everyone, Suvudu is a website where they post on upcoming sf and fantasy news, now they having their second cage match. This is where they have fantasy characters in a sweet sixteen bracket doing a head a head battle. They write a script to see who they think will win the battle then they let the voters decide.
Here is the link to the bracket and a video response to each of the fight http://suvudu.com/2011/03/your-2011-cage... Basically just wondering what people are think of the match up. Starting on Monday go to http://suvudu.com to vote for your favorite characters to win.

message 2: by Kevin (last edited Mar 04, 2011 01:36PM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) The link above maybe too long, so just http://suvudu.com it should be on the front page.

message 3: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments Thanks, Kevin! Great link

message 4: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) MrsJoseph wrote: "Thanks, Kevin! Great link"

I am to assume that you tried all three links and one of them worked, cause I just fixed the one in the second post.

message 5: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments I tried the first one. I haven't checked out the cage match because I'm still exploring the site. :)

message 6: by Kevin (last edited Mar 04, 2011 02:58PM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) MrsJoseph wrote: "I tried the first one. I haven't checked out the cage match because I'm still exploring the site. :)"

What a great site huh! Well organized too!

message 7: by Dave (new)

Dave Thank you. I followed this last year and it was great!

message 8: by Jacob (new)

Jacob (JacobDryingInk) Some of the fights are quite a lot out of character, though, I thought. They're mainly well written and fun, but if you look at the fight with Quick Ben..

message 9: by Maggie (new)

Maggie K | 730 comments I just checked this out again, and they are down to some interesting characters...However, Severus SNape keeps winning, and now people are voting in favor of him over Quick Ben. Seriously now? lol

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) You know that the last match will be Jon Snow vs Perrin with Perrin winning, based on the number of fans of both of those series and what happened last year.

message 11: by Maggie (new)

Maggie K | 730 comments i dont know-I think realistically Quick Ben could beat either of them...but yeah it's the votes that count

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh this site grates my nerves. Popular opinion winning out over solid reasoning always annoys me

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

After that mouse won, I gave up watching.

message 14: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments I rather read books :-)

message 15: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) Ala wrote: "After that mouse won, I gave up watching."

What do you have against the mouse or my profile picture?

message 16: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) On that note, I think I'll go back and work on reading The Wise Man's Fear a bit more....

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

It's...a mouse.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

*snickers quietly*

message 19: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments Obviously the best mouse in the entire world is Reepicheep.

And if Mandorallan, the mightiest knight on life, lost...then this is obv rigged. *sniff*

message 20: by Kevin (last edited Mar 25, 2011 05:19AM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) So, non of you have read any of the Redwall series. If you did, you would realize that he is the best warrior around.

message 21: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (breakofdawn) Also, a mouse :P

message 22: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) Better than Drizzt?

message 23: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) What is wrong being a mouse? He killed a cat.

message 24: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) Ahhhhh!! Spoiler!

message 25: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (breakofdawn) LOL

message 26: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments Kevin wrote: "So, non of you have read any of the Redwall series. If you did, you would realize that he is the best warrior around."

Obviously you've no idea who Reepicheep is or you wouldn't say that.

message 27: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) MrsJoseph wrote: "Kevin wrote: "So, non of you have read any of the Redwall series. If you did, you would realize that he is the best warrior around."

Obviously you've no idea who Reepicheep is or you wouldn't sa..."

Well then, maybe the two should have a match instead.

message 28: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments Someone else would have to write it.

message 29: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) I think that would be fine. The match would be balanced and epic.

message 30: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments Hey Jason! You up for it?

message 31: by Mach (new)

Mach | 572 comments Kevin wrote: "What is wrong being a mouse? He killed a cat."

LOL That was hilarious:)

message 32: by Maggie (new)

Maggie K | 730 comments well now it is down to Quick Ben vs Perrin and Jon Snow vs Vin from Mistborn...

message 33: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (narknon) Those would be some great matches to see. In a real match I think Quick Ben would win. The other match is quite even. I've only read the first two books of ASoI&F, so I don't know if Jon's got any other extra abilities, but it would be interesting to see how it turned out, especially if he has his wolf with him.

message 34: by Jacen (new)

Jacen | 44 comments Did anyone else take way more joy out of Jon Snow losing than they probably should have?

message 35: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) I love that both Jon Snow and Perrin lost, and Quick Ben and Vin won, it just to show you how this is not a popularity like I thought it was. How stupid of me to think it would be like a repeat of last year.