easy peasy reading group discussion

april book of the month

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen | 381 comments Mod
any ideas what people would like for april to read as the groups book

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 206 comments I'm interested in Apartment 16 by Adam Nevill, but I won't be offended if nobody else wants to read it, it looks a bit scary!

message 3: by Stephen (last edited Mar 04, 2011 07:29AM) (new)

maybe we could do april being biography month for the read as march book is a thriller as trying to have a different theme/genre each month so then it increases each members reading experience :)

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 206 comments I'm not a fan of biographies, but I think Stephen Fry's The Fry Chronicles would be fun

message 5: by Stephen (new)

well thats still a bio

message 6: by JackieB (new)

JackieB | 123 comments I like the idea of having a theme for each month, I tend to get stuck on a particular genre for ages, and it'd be good to have something to encourage me to try new things.

message 7: by Stephen (new)

so if we agree biographies the theme for april nominate your titles by 11th march so then people can vote then by the closing date 31st march :)

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 206 comments Stephen wrote: "well thats still a bio"

Sorry, a bit vague there - it is friday, and my thoughts are on the sausage and mash I'm having for tea tonight !

I meant The Fry Chronicles as my bio nomination for april

message 9: by Stephen (new)

ok :)

message 10: by Booksdingle (new)

Booksdingle | 186 comments differnt genres each month is a good idea yes...and then maybe a potluck somewhere along the line! Off to find suitable bio to suggest.......

message 11: by Booksdingle (new)

Booksdingle | 186 comments well I can't find one...gave up on page 8 on Amazon...no one grabbing me...that may be the only problem with bios, that it could be very personal to each voter so may not get more than one vote on any....that said I expect that Stephen Fry's would be fairly entertaining and enlightening.

message 12: by Stephen (new)

well was thinking of nominating sarah brown's new book behind the black door

message 13: by Booksdingle (new)

Booksdingle | 186 comments I'll go for an old one that I really should read....which is now on my currently reading list....Lucky Man by Michael J Fox, which is mainly about him being diagnosed with Parkinsons disease at an early age and presumably how he is living with/overcoming it.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Booksdingle wrote: "I'll go for an old one that I really should read....which is now on my currently reading list....Lucky Man by Michael J Fox, which is mainly about him being diagnosed with Parkinsons disease at an..."

I would like to read this one too if I can find a copy.

message 15: by Booksdingle (new)

Booksdingle | 186 comments I think the library would have it or RISI, actually I started it and can't put it down so quite a way through....I'd be happy to swap something with you for this book once I have finshed it if you like Lady Lavender

message 16: by Stephen (new)

the april book for the group is The Fry Chronicles by Stephen Fry

message 17: by Angela (new)

Angela (bookangel2) | 163 comments Thanks Steve; I'll be able to borrow it from my daughter, I think!

message 18: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 206 comments I'm "gonna do" this one on "audio" for a change. I have the attention span of a guppy right now and I'm hoping audio will enable me to to enjoy my books still.