The Next Best Book Club discussion

Book Related Banter > Book being put on NYC light poles

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danie (new)

Danie (heyydanie) http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/...

Has anyone seen this? It sounds so cool! An author is putting his book up around NYC page by page.

For those of us that live in New York, has anyone seen it?

message 2: by ♥Meagan♥ (new)

♥Meagan♥ (fadedrainbows) I love this idea. I wish someone would do it around my college campus!

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 1626 comments My husband has seen it. They don't have that much in midtown it seems to be more towards the Village.

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10035 comments Mod
Oh wow. I hadn't seen or heard that... thanks for the link!!!

message 5: by Clara (new)

Clara | 157 comments This is the first time I am hearing this. I may just pass by when I am wondering the city.

message 6: by Krys (new)

Krys Wow. I don't live in NYC, but I should think that would be intriguing at the very least. With the next location listed, it would almost be like a scavenger hunt. Only for a book.

It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of this. I mean, geeze, the guy's got marketing down. Well, except for putting his name out there ... but that can be remedied.

message 7: by Allison (new)

Allison (sockweasel) | 432 comments So cool, I love the idea! :D

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it is a wicked cool idea. Face it, the best book or product or anything in the world does not mean a thing if no one knows about it. A lot of times artists/authors, etc. are very good at what they do and they have no clue how to market it. I have some cool ideas to market my books that I plan in implementing in a couple of months. They ideas are quite unlike anything most people have ever seen before. It'll be fun. Writing is just one part of being an author. The rest of the time, one has to promote, promote promote.