Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Urban Fantasy > Iron Crowned *** SPOILERS****

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lea (new)

Lea (ladybirdsong) | 9 comments 2580514 Ok.... I loved this book but became very fusterated in the middle! Is anyone with me???? I mean...back and forth, back and forth! Maybe I am byass cuz I am Team Dorian...but Eugenie is an idiot! I am still holding out on those twins being Dorians... anyone with me??? GIve me your thoughts... I have a feeling we are going to have to wait another year for some answers and I cant wait that long.... Team Dorian or Team Kiyo, I dont care, Tell me what you think!!!

message 2: by Kristian (new)

Kristian Johnston | 11 comments I was completely frustrated with the book. I'm team Dorian too, but I also think that she should put on her big girl panties and stop letting these guys run all over her...embrace being queen, show em who's boss...I understand the whole "don't want to become evil" thing, but sheesh this back and forth crap is getting really annoying. I really wish she would stop cry babying about being the daughter of the Storm King...and just roll with it, so what he was evil...doesn't mean you will have to be...ugh!!!

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nikki28) | 10 comments I have the book but havent started it yet, know i cant wait and i am so team Dorian ..

message 4: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Ok, I just finished last night and it was really good, frustrating and stressful at times but very good.
I hated when she got back with Kiyo!! I'm totally team Dorian! The babies have to be his, right?!??! She slept with him once after being on the antiobiotic, the first time Dorian didn't want to be 'wasteful', right?
OMG! can you believe Kiyo? WTF!??! I always liked Dorian more, but I never thought that Kiyo would try to hurt/kill her.
Oh and I like her sister now too :) How many books are in this series?

message 5: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments ஐAndreaஐ wrote: "Ok, I just finished last night and it was really good, frustrating and stressful at times but very good.
I hated when she got back with Kiyo!! I'm totally team Dorian! The babies have to be his, r..."

That is exactly how I felt when I got done too!! I think there are 4 books in the series.

message 6: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (cait1204) | 54 comments ஐAndreaஐ wrote: "Ok, I just finished last night and it was really good, frustrating and stressful at times but very good.
I hated when she got back with Kiyo!! I'm totally team Dorian! The babies have to be his, r..."

I went back and checked, and I don't think they slept together after she was on the antibiotic! The only way the twins could possibly be Dorian's, was if the pills were ineffective in the Otherworld, Dorian got a hold of her pills somehow and swapped them, or spelled her somehow. I really think there could be a unique twist...like one could be Dorian's and one could be Kiyo's. But somehow, I think because Mead has created Dorian's character as a deceitful, selfish King, that the twins may in fact be his because of his unrelenting conquest to rule.

message 7: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) the thing is, though, sperm are viable for up to 5 days after the act, so even if they didn't have sex once Eugenie began taking the antibiotic, if they had vaginal sex in the days leading up to it, it's still possible that the babes could be Dorian's (that's my hope, anyway!)

also, one of my besties thinks that one baby will be Dorian's and one will be Kiyo's. would that be something?!?

message 8: by ஐAndreaஐ (last edited Mar 04, 2011 08:51AM) (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Darn! I thought the first night she came back after being hurt by the table, going to the Dr. and getting the antiobiotics was the night that he finished inside her not wanting to be waistful and the second time was when she dressed up for him and showed up to dinner when the skank was there and he did what she wanted the first time and was waistful.

I would hate to think that he tricked her into getting her pregnant, that seems a little low for him. But idk? And I so don't want her to have a connection with Kiyo forever, ewe I hate him!

However it ends up, I have faith that Richelle Mead will do an amazing job!

message 9: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments I wonder if the babies are Kiyos if they will shape shift?

message 10: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments I wish I could read the next book now!!!

message 11: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments Me too!!!!!!!!!!!

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather Book Savvy Babe (booksavvybabe) | 26 comments i’m so with all of you here….I want the next book ASAP!!!! I am so team Dorian, Kiyo is just annoying and he hasn’t been supportive or understanding of Eugenie for awhile…..Dorian made some big mistakes, but so did she….I just want them to sit down and have a nice real talk….of course that would be too tough for them, ugh! I am also hoping that the babies are Dorians, I had much the same thoughts as many of you….really, with as much as they had sex, it really could be either man’s baby…..that said, Eugenie needs to buck up and take charge of herself….she can put Dorian in his place without destroying that relationship….anyways, when does the next book come out???

message 13: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments Heather wrote: "i’m so with all of you here….I want the next book ASAP!!!! I am so team Dorian, Kiyo is just annoying and he hasn’t been supportive or understanding of Eugenie for awhile…..Dorian made some big mi..."

I read on her website that there were probably only going to be 4 books and so I am assuming that it will come out next year.

message 14: by Felicear (new)

Felicear | 4 comments I think Eugenie needs a new man all together. Kiyo is a big creep and Dorian while a nicer guy in many ways has his own agenda. It seems she is not a deep thinker and I do not think this is the makings for a good Queen. I hope she doesnt give paternal rights to Dorian as I suspect he will take at least one of the children to raise himself at his discretion which is scary. I agree, she needs to put on her big girl pants!
I do like Eugenie.

message 15: by ஐAndreaஐ (last edited Mar 04, 2011 10:44PM) (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Even though Dorian Can be a total ass, I think he Really love her. And I think he would be a good father. He would probably train any son to be a ruler, but i can't see him taking either of her children from her.

The next book is going to be so good!!

message 16: by ☻Nikki☻ (new)

☻Nikki☻ C (nikkic1998) Her website has a tentative release date of January 2012 ::sigh:: I only hope it doesn't move out any farther as we get closer to the date.

message 17: by Heather (new)

Heather Book Savvy Babe (booksavvybabe) | 26 comments *sigh* another book to add to my eagerly-awaiting shelf…..

message 18: by Pamela, Moderatrix (new)

Pamela (foxglovewitch) | 614 comments Mod
Just so there won't be multiple topics about the same book/series, I'm going to close this one. If you want to talk Iron Crowned or the Dark Swan series, head over to this post: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5...

Thanks!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.