I LOVE WUTHERING HEIGHTS! discussion

Ralph as Heathcliff

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helen (new)

Helen Goltz Hi Wuthering Heights fellow lovers, I watched the 1992 film version of Emily's beloved book with Ralph Fiennes and Juliette Binoche last weekend (again). Quite liked Ralph as Heathcliff. Hard role to fill.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sweetredhead) | 1 comments H.M. wrote: "Hi Wuthering Heights fellow lovers, I watched the 1992 film version of Emily's beloved book with Ralph Fiennes and Juliette Binoche last weekend (again). Quite liked Ralph as Heathcliff. Hard role ..."

I have seen every version of Wuthering Heights and Ralph Fiennes is the best Heathcliff. He gets it so perfectly. You half love him and hate him but you understand him completely. I have never seen anyone come close. It is my favorite version to date.

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Yes, Ralph Fiennes is the closest to my image of Heathcliff. But, no one can truly capture him as the best version will always be the Heathcliff in my imagination.

message 4: by Denisse (new)

Denisse (denisse_sopita) | 1 comments You guys should check out Tom Hardy as Heathcliffe, in the PBS masterpiece version of Wuthering Heights. It's on Netflix!

message 5: by Helen (new)

Helen Goltz I'm looking forward to the new film coming out in October. I was reading an interview with the Director, Andrea Arnold, who was talking about shooting on the Moors and said "We all knew it would be a difficult location, but we weren't prepared for how tough it was. It was so muddy that your feet sank wherever you walked. On the last week, I was carrying a heavy camera box on my head, walking up this hill, and my legs just gave way. I collapsed to my knees and burst into tears. But I didn't want anyone to see me crying, so I pulled my hat down over my eyes and sat there on the grass with the box on my head. Eventually I struggled to the top of the hill, where I saw another crew member, also with a camera box on her head, also on her knees crying. We'd had enough."

message 6: by Helen (new)

Helen Goltz Denisse wrote: "You guys should check out Tom Hardy as Heathcliffe, in the PBS masterpiece version of Wuthering Heights. It's on Netflix!"

Will do, thanks for the heads-up.

message 7: by I.J. (new)

I.J. Miller | 6 comments Hello Wuthering Heights lovers. Just thought I'd share with you some news about my new book: WUTHERING NIGHTS. It's an erotic retelling of our favorite book.

The original was a masterpiece. Think of this as an adaptation. I focused hard on staying true to the original language, themes, and characters, but added several new plot twists and turns, which helps make the erotic scenes more organic and heightens the romance as well. It was fun to interpret some directions the book might have turned to if written in a different era. It's up on Amazon and is available in ebook. The trade paperback will be in bookstores in April. Here is the link on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16....

Hope you'll give it a read. Did my best to stay true to Ms. E. Bronte.

IJ