Books and more books discussion

Buys and Borrows > March 2011 Borrows

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) What are you borrowing?

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Hopefully, my library will have this soon to checkout: Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5) by Melissa Marr
I put the hold on it a month or two ago so I should be the first to get it when it becomes available.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Awesome Amy

I checked out from my library
Midnight Moon (Nightcreature, #5) by Lori Handeland Taming the Beast by Heather Grothaus If His Kiss Is Wicked by Jo Goodman A Highlander Christmas (Highlander, #7) by Janet Chapman Rising Moon (Nightcreature, #6) by Lori Handeland Dark Of The Moon (Vampire/Werewolf Trilogy, #2) by Susan Krinard The Vampire Who Loved Me (Cabot, #2) by Teresa Medeiros Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance Lord of Sin by Susan Krinard Passionate Thirst (Candace Steele Vampire Killer Series, Book #1) by Cameron Dean The Debutante (Fortunes of Texas Reunion #6) by Elizabeth Bevarly The Trouble With Magic (A Bewitching Mystery, #1) by Madelyn Alt A Lady Never Tells (Willowmere, #1) by Candace Camp Forgive My Fins (Fins, #1) by Tera Lynn Childs Tempted All Night (Neville Family, #4) by Liz Carlyle

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Awesome Amy

Midnight Moon (Nightcreature, #5) by Lori HandelandTaming the Beast by Heather GrothausIf His Kiss Is Wicked by Jo GoodmanA Highlander Christmas (Highlander, #7) by Janet Chapman[..."

I have like 12 more books from my library to get through plus four from netgalley.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Awesome Amy

Midnight Moon (Nightcreature, #5) by Lori HandelandTaming the Beast by Heather GrothausIf His Kiss Is Wicked by Jo Goodman[bookcover:A Highlander Chris..."

I love going to the library

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes) (imjustcupcake) Currently borrowing The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo ebook style =)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ This finally became available today at my library and it was checked out to me too:
Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5) by Melissa Marr

message 9: by Starzee (new)

Starzee Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "This finally became available today at my library and it was checked out to me too:
Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5) by Melissa Marr"

I have the first three in the series, but am hesitant to read it. What are your thoughts on it?

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "This finally became available today at my library and it was checked out to me too:

I have the first three in the series, but am hesi..."

I love the series, but I have not read the fifth and final book yet. I'm still trying to get through StarCrossed (Thief Errant, #1) by Elizabeth C. Bunce which is almost 2 weeks overdue at my library, but since I work there, I won't have to pay any overdue fines.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "This finally became available today at my library and it was checked out to me too:

I have the first three in the se..."

is that a good book?

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "This finally became available today at my library and it was checked out to me too:

I ha..."

StarCrossed? It is okay so far, but that is only my opinion.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "This finally became available today at my library and it was checked out to me too:
[bookcover:Darkest Mercy|6..."

yeah I might try to read Starcrossed

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "This finally became available today at my library and it was checked out to me too:
..."

I finished StarCrossed today. It took me 9 days to read because of distractions and stuff.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "This finally became available today at my library and it was checked..."

yeah I was reading Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson and it was getting intense to read

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "This finally became available today at my l..."

I mean with Starcrossed, I was kinda bored with most of the book. There was some good parts and for some reason, I kept on reading it til the end.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Hey Lizz, does books you get from netgalley or galleygrab count as borrowing a book?

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "Hey Lizz, does books you get from netgalley or galleygrab count as borrowing a book?"

sure

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "This finally became availa..."

yeah my library was it so i'm going to get it there

message 20: by Amy ~Lover of Books~ (last edited Mar 24, 2011 09:18PM) (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "Hey Lizz, does books you get from netgalley or galleygrab count as borrowing a book?"

sure"

Okay.

Here are the galleys I got this month:
Shift (Shade, #2) by Jeri Smith-Ready Cinderella Ninja Warrior (Twisted Tales, #1) by Maureen McGowan The Vespertine (The Vespertine, #1) by Saundra Mitchell In the Arms of Stone Angels by Jordan Dane

I checked these out from library:
Covet (The Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward Crave (The Fallen Angels, #2) by J.R. Ward

Amy ~Lover of Books~ I got these today at my library:
Clarity by Kim Harrington Chime by Franny Billingsley

I'm excited to read Clarity because I heard from a couple people that it is a little like the Body Finder series. I hope they are right.

message 22: by Starzee (new)

Starzee Wow, you borrow/buy a lot of books per month. Do you finish reading all of them, or select the best and only read them?

message 23: by Amy ~Lover of Books~ (last edited Mar 26, 2011 03:50PM) (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Wow, you borrow/buy a lot of books per month. Do you finish reading all of them, or select the best and only read them?"

I haven't bought a book since the beginning of this month. The galleys are usually for 60 days unless it is a Simon and Schuster one where you only have it until the book's publication date so I can keep them longer than library books. I try to read them all, but it is hard when new books come out and if my library gets them, I want to check it out and read it.

message 24: by Starzee (new)

Starzee Ohhh, I see. What's a galley?

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Ohhh, I see. What's a galley?"

To tell the truth, I am not really sure. These galleys are ebooks you read on the computer using adobe digital editions, but they are ARCs (advanced reader's copies) only if the publisher accepts the request you put through.

message 26: by Starzee (new)

Starzee Ooohh ok. Thanks =D