Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

albus and harrys meeting at kings cross

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Grace why do u think that jk would add that?

message 2: by Jacki (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacki because she heard about daniel radcliffe was naked on stage so she added it cos she thought it was funny. he is naked u know

message 3: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meghan that is the most rediculas thing i've every heard! It is a simble of how Voldemorts soul has left Harry, leaving him clean.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm with Meghan. How else would you show that?

(P.S. Wicked profile picture, Meghan!)

Line I'm with Meghan to...

Leah Meghan wrote: "that is the most rediculas thing i've every heard! It is a simble of how Voldemorts soul has left Harry, leaving him clean."

Ok.... 1. Ridiculous, 2.symbol. Just so you know.

Jeni I think it was a step beyond that, personally. Yes, she wanted to show that he was now free of Voldemort, but also to give Harry a chance to ask some important questions that were really bothering him. It gave us a chance to see how all the loose ends tied up, too. Additionally, it gave him a chance to choose. You can end all of this now and just peacefully move on, or you can go back and finish what was started.

It also shows quite a bit of what JKR believes about death and the afterlife, I thought. That people never truly leave us and have nothing to fear any longer, have no pain and no stress. That the living have a much harder time dealing with the departed's loss than the departed does. I found it reassuring and peaceful, personally.

And, Jacki, quite honestly, the books were done WAY before Daniel Radcliffe appeared in Equis. Once you read the play or see it done, you'll be aware of how silly and uninformed your comment is.

message 8: by J (new) - rated it 3 stars

J Tohabath For me, this was the best part. After the entire book being filled with chaos, depression, death, and stress, it was nice to finally put in a meeting with a character who seems to actually know what's going on.

I'll probably edit this comment later, since the point I make is rather silly.

message 9: by Leon (last edited Jun 25, 2013 02:50PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leon RE Jeni wrote: "I think it was a step beyond that, personally. Yes, she wanted to show that he was now free of Voldemort, but also to give Harry a chance to ask some important questions that were really bothering..."

I agree. The scene represented many things, and it was a point where lot of things could be explained, and a point where Harry could talk to Dumbledore.

It was also like a near death experience for Harry, to symbolise him being between life and death. He'd just been struck with a Killing Curse. Obviously there had to be some explanation for why he was still alive.

Samantha The Escapist Jeni, you and I are frequently commenting on the same threads in various areas of this site and often we are of differening opinions (respectfully so, of course) but in this case I gotta say I agree with you exactly.

This was my favourite part of the book and it felt very..transcendant. Harry finally gets answers and to top it all off one of my favourite quotes follows about whether it was all in his head and "Why on earth should that mean it's not real?"

I remember feeling a very deep sense of calm in this part and I would actually venture to say that even without the showing of Voldemort's soul being severed from Harry, it was a poignant and necessary moment in the book just for Harry to have a few minutes with Dumbledore. Harry had a lot of things he deserved to know about his own life and Rowling found - I think - the ideal way of explaining them all.

Not to mention that Harry needs that super special Love booster to go back and beat Voldemort. He makes the choice to die for his friends, invoking yet again that super powerful love protection spell - he died just like his mother died for him. Then he makes the choice to go back and protect them still, invoking yet another form of love-based magic I'm sure, once again giving him the strength to win.

Julia There was a lot of stuff explained in that meeting, it's a very important scene.