Book lovers discussion

Group Reads > April Group Read

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) Time to start nominating books for next month!

message 3: by Shelli (new)

Shelli Gitte wrote: "I would like to nominate Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist (author of Let the Right One in)."

Gitte....Karla and I are reading this in October!!!

message 4: by Shelli (new)

Shelli I would like to nominate..Daughter of the ForestbyJuliet Marillier.

Gitte - Bookworm's Closet (gittetofte) Shelli wrote: "Gitte wrote: "I would like to nominate Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist (author of Let the Right One in)."

Gitte....Karla and I are readi..."

October is sooo far away...

message 6: by Shelli (new)

Shelli Gitte wrote: "Shelli wrote: "Gitte wrote: "I would like to nominate Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist (author of Let the Right One in)."

Gitte....Karla an..."

Ha...I know....but we like to read stuff like that in October....that's when we read Let the Right One In....if you read it before....hopefully you will still remember and can discuss it with us....I like to discuss books like that!

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) I'm going to nominate The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

message 8: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Shelli wrote: "Gitte wrote: "I would like to nominate Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist (author of Let the Right One in)."

Gitte....Karla and I are readi..."

I may need to join you both.

message 9: by Shelli (new)

Shelli Sounds great Diane...I'll add you!

message 10: by Kerri (last edited Mar 05, 2011 09:49AM) (new)

Kerri Sarah wrote: "I'm going to nominate The Road by Cormac McCarthy."

That was a tough book (subject matter), I read it a few years ago and still think about it..............definitely makes an impact.....I would reread it if it was picked.

message 11: by Kerri (last edited Mar 05, 2011 09:49AM) (new)

Kerri I'll nominate Unearthly.

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Elder (lauloreads) I'll nominate American Psycho...no idea what it's about or if i'll even like it lol! People at work have mentioned it!

message 13: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Shelli wrote: "Sounds great Diane...I'll add you!"
Thanks.

Gitte - Bookworm's Closet (gittetofte) Lauren wrote: "I'll nominate American Psycho...no idea what it's about or if i'll even like it lol! People at work have mentioned it!"

I think it's brilliant! And great for discussion!

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) Lauren wrote: "I'll nominate American Psycho...no idea what it's about or if i'll even like it lol! People at work have mentioned it!"

Sounds interesting Lauren - just added it to my TBR.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) Keep those nominations coming! I'll post the poll on Friday.

message 17: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Elder (lauloreads) Gitte wrote: "Lauren wrote: "I'll nominate American Psycho...no idea what it's about or if i'll even like it lol! People at work have mentioned it!"

I think it's brilliant! And great for discussion!"

Gitte - have you seen the film? If so is the book better?

Gitte - Bookworm's Closet (gittetofte) Lauren wrote: "Gitte wrote: "Lauren wrote: "I'll nominate American Psycho...no idea what it's about or if i'll even like it lol! People at work have mentioned it!"

I think it's brilliant! And great for discuss..."

Yes, I saw the film years before I read the book. The book is much more varied and strange... and sad (at least the way I read it).

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) Whoops, I meant to post the poll yesterday. It's up now, so please vote!

message 20: by Shelli (new)

Shelli Sarah...if you make it the featured poll...it will show up on the bottom of the homepage...just a bit easier to vote for people!

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) Thanks Shelli - I just did!

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) The poll is open until Friday, so please vote if you haven't done so already. Looks like it's going to be a close one!

message 23: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Elder (lauloreads) If it's a tie, does it mean we will have 2 books to read next month? :)

message 24: by Sarah (last edited Mar 15, 2011 03:10PM) (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) Hmm...good question. I guess so :-)

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) Although right now there are 3 books tied. Hopefully more people will vote and break the tie.

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Elder (lauloreads) LOL!!! I can't read 3 bookclub reads in a month plus the other bookclub ones ahhh lol!! Exciting stuff!

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) We have a tie! Our two books for April will be Daughter of the Forest and American Psycho.

message 28: by Shelli (new)

Shelli Yay...looking forward to DOTForest!

message 29: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Elder (lauloreads) Woo looking forward to both of them :) x

message 30: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) Looking forward to Daughter of the Forest, but not American Psycho so much

message 31: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Elder (lauloreads) Yeah I decided after writing my "wish list" for the Library that Daughter of the forrest is not really my cup of tea I don't think. So I'm going to read America Psycho.