Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > What is the Ringtone on Your Cell Phone?

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments What's the most annoying one you've heard?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Aria from Madam Butterfly.

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) I've got 3, depending on who's calling me (don't know how that happened, I didn't do it on purpose): the 1812 Overture, the "Largo" movement from the "L'Inverno" concerto of Vivaldi's "Four Seasons", and "Spirit In The Sky".

My husband's is the most annoying ringtone because he has no ring tone, it's just 3 short rings.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

i have some screamo music my cousin jacob programmed for his number, and a series of 'musical farts' for my brother michael. im too lazy to remove them, but they annoy the heck out of me everytime they call...

message 5: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments I assigned the "alarm" ring tone for my husband. Its loud, annoying and more then a bit grating. Much like...

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments The most annoying one I've heard so far is the one my mom uses. The ringtone came with the phone and it's absolutely jarring. Fortunately, my dad thus far likes the old Hawaii 5-0 theme, which is tolerable if anything. :S

message 7: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments My current ring tone is Breaking Benjamin's "I Will Not Bow".
The most annoying ringtone, to me, is the standard Nokia theme song or whatever you call it...grates on my nerves.

message 8: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I don't have one - I just put it on vibrate

message 9: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments My husbands is Lionel Ritchie singing "hello....is it me you're looking for" Very irritating. His cell rings a lot.

My phone vibrates for calls- I have a tiny 'ping' for texts.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Old fashioned phone ring tone.

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments ^^^ same with me. old phone ring. because i can hear it when my phone is in my pocket and i don't sound like a j-hole when my daughter calls and my phone blasts out the thong song by sisco

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'm with Kevin and Sonia. I like a phone to sound like a phone. I did go through brief periods of "Should I Stay or Should I Go" and "I Want You to Want Me" but both proved to be insidious earworms and better left alone.

message 13: by Jammies (new)

Jammies I'm with Britt, my phone is on vibrate only.

The most annoying ring tone I've heard was more due to context than the actual noise. I was at my nephew's taekwondo belt ceremony when some idiot woman's cell phone started playing "Black Betty" and the bitch didn't do anything except let it ring.

message 14: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I have a Fire Engine siren for one of my nieces.

message 15: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments Helena wrote: "My husbands is Lionel Ritchie singing "hello....is it me you're looking for" Very irritating. His cell rings a lot.

My phone vibrates for calls- I have a tiny 'ping' for texts."

I dislike that song, but that's rather clever.

message 16: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments I have downloaded different ringtones but I only ever use vibrate. Even the Donkey Kong theme got old real quick.

message 17: by Hanna (new)

Hanna (ohanners) | 201 comments Mine's on the beginning bit from Hello Seattle-Owl City...it's soothing.

The one I had before got annoying, it goes "Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh my..." (usher)

message 18: by RandomAnthony (last edited Mar 09, 2011 06:58AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Helena wrote: "My husbands is Lionel Ritchie singing "hello....is it me you're looking for" Very irritating. His cell rings a lot.

This would drive me insane.

My son had one in which a voice said, "Hey. Your phone's ringing. Hey. Your phone's ringing. HEY! YOUR PHONE'S RINGING!" I hated it so much I had to consider if my parental duties/powers included erasing that sucker. Luckily he changed it before I had to intervene.

I now have eels "I need some sleep" as my default ringtone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy8hK3...

When my wife calls I get the Harry Potter theme music...she's into Harry Potter, so there's an association that she finds amusing.

message 19: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments My ring tone for my wife is "Longer" by Dan Fogelberg, we had that song in our wedding.

message 20: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments When were you married, Jim? Were you a seventies hippy? Are there pictures?

message 21: by Louise (new)

Louise I don't like noisy ringtones, I find them really annoying. Mine is the sound of a steamtrain, but not very loud. :-)

message 22: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments Now that my husband knows that I dislike his 'Hello....is it me you're looking for?" ring tone, he's made it his tone for texts too.

I can't win. Still, I think it might be better than: "Hey. Your phone's ringing. Hey. Your phone's ringing. HEY! YOUR PHONE'S RINGING!"

I'm glad your son changed that RA... I'm going to have to come up with something terribly annoying just for when I'm with my husband.

message 23: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7073 comments Jim wrote: "My ring tone for my wife is "Longer" by Dan Fogelberg, we had that song in our wedding."

Jim--so did we! 1982.

message 24: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7073 comments My old ringtone was Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody."
The new one is Luciano Pavarotti singing "Nessun Dorma."

message 25: by Toques (last edited Jan 25, 2019 01:50AM) (new)

Toques para celular 2019 (toquesparacelular2019) Hello, i am using the iphone's default ringtone, can someone recommend me some good quality ringtones?
https://toqueparacelular.net/

message 26: by Lobstergirl, el principe (last edited Jan 21, 2019 11:29PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 24107 comments Mod
Toques wrote: "Hello, i am using the iphone's default ringtone, can someone recommend me some good quality ringtones?"

Banned for spamming. (Spam post deleted.)

message 27: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments Hmmm. What's that spamming ban about? I've noticed that most people these days use a traditional telephone ring tone. That's what I've always used.

message 28: by CD (new)

CD  | 1443 comments I'm currently using Day by Day for the regular ring tone. I have special ones for certain friends and family.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Scout wrote: "Hmmm. What's that spamming ban about? I've noticed that most people these days use a traditional telephone ring tone. That's what I've always used."

Me too, sort of, it's more of a modern sounding telephone rather than a traditional. I'm now too old to care for fussing with ring tones.