Loganberry Books discussion

What are you reading right now?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CB (new)

CB | 3 comments Mod
I just started reading Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth. It's my first Philip Roth experience.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments I'm reading "Angle of Repose" by Wallace Stegner, to study the shape of the story, how it's told by a grandson about his grandmother. Stong voice, character driven. Not a quick read but a worthwhile one.

message 3: by Ceil (new)

Ceil | 2 comments I'm rereading the Lord of the rings trilogy.

message 4: by CB (new)

CB | 3 comments Mod
Ceil wrote: "I'm rereading the Lord of the rings trilogy."

For the first time?

message 5: by Ceil (new)

Ceil | 2 comments Christine wrote: "Ceil wrote: "I'm rereading the Lord of the rings trilogy."

For the first time?"

No... I reread it every year. Actuallly... Ron reads out loud really really well. I sometimes get him to read some, and I enjoy that also.

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori | 1 comments I am in the middle of Arthur and George by Julian Barnes at the moment. It is a historical-crime story dealing with the mores of late Victorian/Edwardian England, etc. Arthur Conan Doyle is a main character.

Next up is a book called Sex at Dawn (all the scoop on our prehistoric ancestors' racy sex lives.) And I just found a book called $20 Per Gallon: How the Inevitable Rise in the Price of Gasoline Will Change Our Lives for the Better. Should be something to think about.

Lots to read. Not enough time.

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex | 1 comments Bitter Seeds Historical fiction with Nazi super-men vs English warlocks. Very good.