COOKIES! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Chit chat > Slavery Taints Your Chocolate

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justine (new)

Justine (JustineStewart) | 5 comments A big Chocolate tip: Buy slave-free/child-labor-free chocolate!!
Divine, Ghardelli,Choxie, and Trader Joe's chocolate is all slave-free. It's so much better too. The chocolate from these labels are a lot richer in taste too. Most of the leading chocolate companies use poverty-stricken children to pick their cocoa beans. They beat them and don't pay them. Their excuse is the kids would be poor anyway. But don't believe them because it's not right for the to steal these people's lives just to make money. The chocolate is gross and not of good quality. My sister opened a Recess cup and a maggot was on it once. Stop supporting these sick slave-owners. Don't buy Recess, Wonka, Nestle, Mars, and most of the other leading brands. Nestle is above them all. It's the worst. Think of the change you're making by not buying this chocolate. Thank you so much. You're all changing lives!!! :)

message 2: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 530 comments Mod
Where did you find this information?

message 3: by Justine (new)

Justine (JustineStewart) | 5 comments I know some people who work in organizations and slavery- prevention centers. :) I'm starting my own non-profit organization to end slavery. I study it a lot.

message 4: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited Mar 05, 2011 10:05AM) (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 530 comments Mod
I understand that this is a problem around the world and in this country especially. I am proud of you for your work in this field and the gumption to start your own prevention group, but I do not think that this group is a good forum for politics. I appreciate you sharing this information, but humbly request that all members refrain from politics in the future.

message 5: by Justine (new)

Justine (JustineStewart) | 5 comments I understand :) But these are bakers and I wasn't doing it for politics. I was doing it to let them know what they're putting in their goodies they love to make. :) And I would never do this to be political I do it for the people who need us because they're being slaved. Beaten half to death then told to work harder. Just saying. That's it. :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.