Lit Lawvers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > The Imperfectionists Discussion--NO SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (ahealthyjd) So....anyone reading/finished reading this book? I'm finished but honestly don't know what to say, the book was kinda meh for me; I couldn't figure out its purpose. Any takers?

message 2: by Becki (new)

Becki (beckalina) | 73 comments I have barely started the book. I realized that I suck at this unless I have a time table or weekly goal set up for myself. :(

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (ahealthyjd) Don't be too hard on yourself, only reason I'm done is because I'm currently unemployed and I've ODed on Netflix ;)

message 4: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Finley (kaylafinley) | 28 comments Okay, so, I am REALLY enjoying this book. I think that it is perfect for my current attention span with how it's almost a collection of short stories. Two years ago, I would have hated it, but for now I can really appreciate the way it's set up.

Katharine is my favorite character so far.

message 5: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (ahealthyjd) I agree with Kayla, I was able to accept this more as a collection of short stories. I will also say, they seem to get better towards the end :) Can't wait for you guys to finish so we can talk in more detail about the book!

message 6: by Becki (new)

Becki (beckalina) | 73 comments I am getting there. I am about half-way through. But its going pretty quick now that I am into it, so I expect to be done in a couple days.

message 7: by Newteacherwife (new)

Newteacherwife | 32 comments Working on it. Took me a bit with the individual story lines. Not sure why since I love short stories, but want it to tie in more. But, since you guys said the same and as you go on it's better, I shall continue through...

message 8: by Becki (new)

Becki (beckalina) | 73 comments Newteacherwife wrote: "Working on it. Took me a bit with the individual story lines. Not sure why since I love short stories, but want it to tie in more. ..."

I felt the same way until I realized that they do all tie in together. It took me a couple chapters to realize what was happening.

message 9: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (ahealthyjd) Ditto, and even after I finished the book it took me some time to process how well the stories tied in together and convince myself that I actually really did enjoy this book. Keep plugging through!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.