Old School Role Play discussion

Characters

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Guess it's time...

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 21 comments I'll make mine tommrow, left me flash drive at school.

message 3: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) (last edited Mar 05, 2011 07:40PM) (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 21 comments Kynd Ismirasdaughter

Kynd was a girl of a small peasent family in a small village. Everything was normal for her. She worked the fields, obeyed her parents and was a good little girl.

Her whole world was shattered the day He came. No one knew who he was. He walked up to the town, in a hooded robe in the middle of the night. No one thought anything of it until behind him loomed the shambling forms of the undead.

The entire town was slaughtered and turned into zombie by the strange hooded Necromancer.

Only Kynd survived. She was found by a travelling preistess of Demeter. She took the young girl in and trained her. They hunted down the Necromancer and finally caught up to him. They destroyed all of his undead servants but before they could deal the death blow, the Necromancer summoned a foul devil. The devil smote down Kynd's teacher but before it could kill Kynd, a bright light filled the room. When she could see again, the devil had been banished and the Necromancer had fled.

Kynd knew Demeter had saved her that day. She still hunts for the Necromancer that slaughtered her family and teacher and she will do anything for thier revenge.

Name- Kynd

Class- Cleric (Demeter)

Level- 1

Age- 23

Race- Human

Alignment- Lawful Good

Langauges- Human

Proficiencies- Flail, Morning Star

Special Features-

To Hit/ Damage Bounus's-

Str- 14 Primary
Intelligence- 10
Wisdom- 17 (+3 level 1 spells per day, +3 level 2 spells per day)
Dexterity- 9
Constitution- 10 Primary
Charisma- 12

Exp-

Treasure- 0 Gold 17 Silver 8 Copper

Equipment- Heavy Flail, Padded Armour, Back Pack, Bedroll, Holy Symbol, Tinderbox, 2 Torches

Armour Class- 9

Hit Points- 7

Spell Book-

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 21 comments Think I did this right... Anything Wrong?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Armor class starts at 10 and goes up. Armor?

You're a human cleric, so select two attributes to be prime in addition to your wisdom.

Go with max hp at 1st level.

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 21 comments It says a normal helm gives +5 to AC. And I am confused what the attribute thing means.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

That's AC for the head. Any normal set of armor is considered to include appropriate protection for the head. This was discussed somewhere or other and though I don't recall the reasoning for including hems, it was likely something like providing better head protection if desired.

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 21 comments Ok gave her padded instead. She in?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd go with leather (same cost as helm), makes the AC 12. Still need two other primes and 8 hp. I can't edit your posts, so you'll have to make the changes.

You should be able to the attributes that are prime. I'm guessing WIS (class prime), STR and INT, but it's your choice (other than WIS).

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 21 comments Whats the primes

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

For different tasks, you roll a d20 to beat a "Challenge Class." A "challenge level" is determined. This is added to a target number depending on the characteristic of the task, whether it's physical or mental. A prime attribute has a base CC of 12, a secondary attribute a base of 18.

The formula for an attribute check is: d20 + mod + level ≤ CC.

Saving throws are handled in much the same way, certain effects tied to particular attributes.

This is the SIEGE system and though it seems a bit funky, it's quite simple once one gets the hang of it.

message 12: by Davtime (last edited Mar 06, 2011 03:10PM) (new)

Davtime | 4 comments Name: Darmur Staph

Class: Wizard

Race: Human

Alignment: Neutral Good

Cha: 9 +0
Con: 12 +0
INT: 17 +2
WIS: 14+1
DEX: 13+1
Str : 9 +0

AC: 10
HP: 4
Abilities: Spells per day: 0 lvl: 5, 1 Lvl: 3
GP: 30
Sp: 8

Equipment:
Dart x5
Quarterstaff (1d6)
Bedroll 1 sp
Cloak 5 sp
Blanket 5 sp
Backpack 2 gp
Boots, Soft 4 sp
Ink 1 oz. 8 gp
Quill 1 sp x2
Parchment (10 pcs) 5 gp
Rations (1 week) 3 gp

Spell book:
0 Lvl: Endure Elements, Message, Light, Detect Magic
1st Lvl: Summon Familiar, Spider Climb, Comprehend Languages, Magic Missle

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

OK, Darmur, now you just need to designate your two prime attributes besides INT (humans get 3 primes). Also, your INT bonus doesn't increase the number of cantrips you know.

Houserule: Your INT (or WIS) bonus is the number of your bonus spells for each level indicated. A +1 yields one bonus 1st level spell, a +2 grants two 1st level and two 2nd level bonus spells, a +3...

message 14: by Davtime (last edited Mar 05, 2011 09:23PM) (new)

Davtime | 4 comments The all caps ones are the prime ones and i will fix the other stuff thank you

How does that look? Did i get the number of spells right?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Looks good.

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 21 comments I invited maggie, sarah and doc to join to we should have a few more members soon!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

That would be great.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Two more characters, maybe three? I could start to move this along...

message 19: by Nero (new)

Nero Grimes | 2 comments Anything the party needs? Most recently I've been a sure-shot halfling and an amiable canon-fodder thief.

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 21 comments I think a fighter would be best.

message 21: by Nero (last edited May 08, 2011 03:31PM) (new)

Nero Grimes | 2 comments Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) wrote: "I think a fighter would be best."

OK. I can do that too. My traditional Dwarf door kicker.

Name - Kalmil

Class - Fighter

Level - 1

Age - 23

Race - Dwarf

Alignment - Neutral

Langauges - .Common, Dwarven, Gnome, Goblinoid, Halgling, Elven, Ogrish, Giant, Troll.

Proficiencies -

Special Features -

To Hit/ Damage Bounus's - Two handed axe +3/+3

Str - 18 class primary +3
Intelligence - 13 primary +1
Wisdom - 9
Dexterity - 10 (Racial Penalty - 1) 9
Constitution - 13 (Racial Bonus +1) 14 +2
Charisma - 9

Abilities - Animosity (Elves), Deep Vision, Determine Depth and Direction, Enmity (Goblins/Orcs), Defensive Expertise (Giants/Ogres), Resistant To Arcane Magic, Resistant To Fear, Resistant To Posions, Stonecraft.

Exp -

Treasure - 21 G 6 S

Equipment - Scale Armour, Back Pack, Bedroll, Tinderbox, Rope, 1 week Rations, Light Cross Bow.

Armour Class - +4

Hit Points - (7 +2) 9

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 21 comments Is this enough to start?

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Haven't forgotten about you. I'd really like to have one more player, though.