Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Archive > Kim Harrison

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Just picked up this book White Witch, Black Curse (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #7) by Kim Harrison ~ Now that you guys have all got me hooked on the UF Genre~ Anyone read this series?

message 2: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Dammit~ I just noticed this was book 7~ Ugh~ I hate it when that happens.

message 3: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments haha ive done that...

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Ugh, that sucks. I read #1, it was a free download on Amazon in early 2010 so I got it then. I got around to reading it in the fall. Here is my review:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
"2.5 stars. All I can say is I am relieved to have finally finished the book."

With that said ..... I know many people who like the series. I just found it incredibly boring and irritating. There were things I liked, I just thought it was not done well. I love the covers of the books though, I think they are great. It sucks though, b/c I actually own all of these books. The woman who I share an Amazon account with, bought all of them so they are just there for me and I have no interest. I started #2 and couldn't get past page 2.

message 5: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Oh? Not Promising~

message 6: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Some people like it. My neighbor I account share with loves it. Its seems among my GR friends, some think it is an okay series and others don't like it. I also know that I am highly affected by my mood. So I could have been in a bad mood when I read it. Do you have a kindle? If so, I can check to see if #1 is lendable and then you can read it that way. Also, I can lend to a kindle app on a PC or smartphone.

message 7: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I don't have a kindle~ But thx for offering~ I atill harbour an aversion to all things e-reader.... for now anyways.

message 8: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) LOL, I understand. :)