Friends in the Flathead discussion

Monthly Challenge > March Challenge--Books to Movies

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jana (new)

Jana | 36 comments Mod
At first I thought we could all read The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connolly because it is coming out as a movie soon and it looks great. Then I thought it would be fun to open this up to any book that has been made into a movie. There are a bunch coming up in 2011 that I haven't read:

Water for Elephants, The Help, The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo, The Lincoln Lawyer, Jane Eyre.

That is just a few of them.
Pick a book that has been made into a movie, either upcoming or older and let us know what you think!

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Rinehart | 6 comments I'm ok with the Lincoln Lawyer, because I've read all the others. I just saw the trailer for Elephants, book I really enjoyed so I may actually go see this one.

message 3: by Corie (new)

Corie (cmercord) | 53 comments Mod
I think I am going to read I Am Number Four. I have it on hold with the library, so hopefully it comes in in time for this month's read..

message 4: by Allison (new)

Allison | 11 comments I'm half way through True Grit by Charles Portis.
So far it is good very interesting writing style.
He writes the story as Mattie Ross writing & telling the story.Is some what different from the movies both the classic & new film.
I had the book on hold at the library for over 2-3 months finally got feed up & found it on sale at shopko..geez gotta love that the flathead valley reads!

message 5: by Jodie (last edited Mar 07, 2011 06:46PM) (new)

Jodie | 36 comments Hmmm...maybe I will read the other half of !Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

message 6: by Allison (new)

Allison | 11 comments Eat Pray Love is a very good book, I enjoyed it more than the movie..the movie was good mind you but the book has more depth..

Has anyone else read Goodnight Nobody?

message 7: by Allison (new)

Allison | 11 comments I'm done with True Grit if anyone would like to borrow it. Was very monologish but is a classic!
was a very long waiting list for it in the library. And was out of print I guess for a long time.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm still trying to finish Goodnight, Nobody! What month was that? I'll try to catch up to whatever is next for the group!

message 9: by Stella (new)

Stella Just recently finished up the "Girl" series with The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. Really enjoyed all of those books and the Swedish versions of the movies. I've had Water for Elephants on my "to read" list for forever! Maybe I'll get around to it soon now that the movie is out. Gotta read the book before I see them movie! Although, for Shutter Island, I kinda wished I had seen the movie first.