Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Christian Fiction Group Reads > Non-Amish Book Group

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Several members have expressed an interest in reading and discussing a non-Amish book together each month. While we could join other groups and do this, we do really like each other's company and the conversations we have every month here :)

So far, the idea is that we pick a different theme/genre each month and nominate books within that genre e.g. historical, western, chick-lit, contemporary romance, etc. Keeping in the spirit of Amish fiction, we want to nominate clean reads only.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Joining in with the group reads (either Amish or non) is not compulsory, so you could join in with both discussions, or one or the other, or none at all! This just gives us more options and allows us to discuss other books together.

Would everyone like to start this idea in April, or wait until May? If we wanted to read a non-Amish book together in April we'd have to choose a theme and start nominations very soon.

Thoughts, please!

(Diane hasn't been online since we first started discussing this idea, but I'm sure she won't object to it. Sorry for stealing moderator powers!)

message 2: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments I vote we start in April. :)

message 3: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 240 comments I vote for April as well!

message 4: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
I vote for April

Would the Shaker and Mennonite books come over to non Amish or would they stay there and this just be the other?

message 5: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 240 comments I would rather they stay in the amish catagory because I think they are close enough.

message 6: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
I want them to stay in the Amish category just was trying to make sure that was what everyone understood.

message 7: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments I posted my thoughts over on Group Suggestions!

I vote for April!

message 8: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 250 comments I vote for April.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Sounds like April it is! :) I'm quite excited about this, I love our book discussions.