Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > Valiance Chronicles Book 1

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Owens (keikomushi) | 38 comments This year, I am determined to finish in at least first draft the first story in a fantasy series entitled Valiance Chronicles. It is the tale of Beatrix Valiance, a former thief now working as a mercenary. I could go into further details, but I figure I should instead let the first draft chapters do the talking. You can find them at: http://keikomushi.livejournal.com/ So far, I've posted the prologue through to chapter 3, but will add more as they are completed.
You are probably wondering why I am posting the work online. To that, I have to say that I am not really concerned with piracy at this stage in the story. As it is, it gives people a chance to leave feedback for the work-in-progress (something that I welcome) and maybe expand my readership in the process. All going well, I hope to eventually podcast and self-publish the series, but that will be some time away.

message 2: by Mandapanda (new)

Mandapanda Dianne wrote: "This year, I am determined to finish in at least first draft the first story in a fantasy series entitled Valiance Chronicles. It is the tale of Beatrix Valiance, a former thief now working as a me..."

Lots of authors are doing that these days Dianne. I think it's a great way to bring in readers. Especially in these days of self publishing. I've read some free fiction online and liked it so much that I've gone on to buy the authors books. Best of luck with your story!:)

message 3: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Owens (keikomushi) | 38 comments Mandy wrote: "Dianne wrote: "This year, I am determined to finish in at least first draft the first story in a fantasy series entitled Valiance Chronicles. It is the tale of Beatrix Valiance, a former thief now ..."

Thanks for that! I don't know how Valiance is going to turn out, especially given that it is a discovery story, but I love the characters and the settings so far. I am finally at a point in the world-building where I'm not changing things all of he time. I expect some tweaking here and there during the first draft, but the setting is pretty solid apart from the religious aspects, which won't be focused on for some time as they aren't immediately relevant to the story.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Good luck with it Dianne keep us uptodate on your progress.

message 5: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Owens (keikomushi) | 38 comments Due to my misbehaving muse, I haven't been working on Valiance of late. Instead, I've been focusing on a project involving a lot of research into Zoroastrianism during the world-building process. Its been a bit of a challenge, but has led to me learning a lot about older religions. I have also been spending the last day or so working on a steampunk saga with a twist.
I will return to Valiance when I've finally settled on some important plot-based decisions. I know that once I finish the first draft, there will still be numerous drafts and edits to go, but I have learnt a lot the past 6 months.