show me the mummy

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 2: by Hakas (new)

Hakas did you start this myscha?

Maria Aenlle I enjoyed this book.

LemonLinda I was so impressed by this book. Whether you agree or not with some of his decisions made while in office, he honestly and completely gives you the background and reasons for making that decision. It is also written almost as if he is sitting down and having a personal talk with the reader. I have always thought that he and Laura had such a great relationship and that is definitely echoed in this book. Well done.

Maria Aenlle I have the same opinion.

Alexia Chantel I was also impressed with this book and thought it was very interesting to read the reasons to many of his decisions. It also was a wonderful glimpse into the real man, not just as the president. Well worth the time to read this.

Maria Aenlle I also read Laura Bush's book last year and although I did not enjoy it as much (I found it a bit slow at times), it provided more insights into her personality and strength.

message 9: by Hakas (new)

Hakas are one of you guys myscha?

Kgharkags Absolutely amazing..family, faith, and character are revealed. I feel he will be remembered well in history. It is a must read, great insight into current American history.

Maria Aenlle He said it and I believe he will be remembered. It's a classy family.

message 12: by Neal (last edited Apr 18, 2011 10:29AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Neal Good book from a very good Man

message 13: by Dan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dan Leiske I also enjoyed the book, at least when it came to a historical perspective and also the information that they get over what the media feeds to us. But I also found the book to be a little self indulgant. There were many times where he certainly said that he made a mistake and should of done this or that, but then he always followed with a "but".

I don't appreciate the "but". To me that means he really isn't taking responsibility but passing the buck, to either congress or the other party or god knows what else.

I do agree that history will shine brighter on this man then what shines on him presently. I would recommend the book to both democrats and republicans and tell them to keep you mind open while reading. The insight can be very inlightening.

Dan

Maria Aenlle Good point.
Maria

Joell I really enjoyed this book also. I read his mother's memoir a few years back, and it was interesting to see how they each told the story about his sister's death. Very moving. It was also interesting to read about GB's AIDS work. I didn't realize the scope and importance of all of that.

Maria Aenlle I haven't read his mom's book. I should.

Maria I really enjoyed this book, id love to read Laura's next

message 18: by Dean (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dean Turnbloom Dan said, "There were many times where he certainly said that he made a mistake and should of done this or that, but then he always followed with a "but".

I don't appreciate the "but". To me that means he really isn't taking responsibility but passing the buck, to either congress or the other party or god knows what else."

Notice Dan used "but" himself, so I am guessing it isn't with the word he has a problem. I think Pres Bush was explaining the circumstances why he made the wrong decision, what led to it...I don't believe any of us intend on making a wrong decision.

Rebecca Morris I too enjoyed this book; I like George W Bush...I didn't always agree with his decisions though. The book gives a great insight into why & how he came about the decisions he made and for those honest perspectives, I can definately respect his decision.

On the whole "BUT" debate...everyone at some point makes wrong decisions and there's always a "BUT." I try (even to my own chagrin) to admit my wrong doing and follow it with "but I did my best with the information I had at the time of decision." Knowing I did the best I could at the particular time of decision, even when wrong is a "but" I can accept from myself & others.

Craig Great book. I learned a ton, and have even more respect for President Bush. In regard to the "But" debate.... The book is about decision points, therefore it wouldn't make since if he didn't explain why he mad the decisions good or bad. He also talks a lot about decisions he got right, "but" the left,, or the American People, Or Putin or whoever disagreed with him. It would a be a terrible book if he didn't explain himself and why he made the decisions he made.

message 21: by Len (new) - rated it 4 stars

Len Excellent book. Either former President Bush or one of those who did research for him shows a remarkable understanding of U.S. Presidential history. There were many instances in the book that cited decisions made by some of his predecessors. Recommend this book to any student of U.S History in general or anyone who wants to learn more about the man who was one of our Presidents.

message 22: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary I recommend this book to anyone who would like to know more about the Bush presidency. I loved it!!!