Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Chat Room > Help! Can you lend some ideas?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments So my daughter's birthday is coming up and I think we've finally come up with a theme. In years past we've done a birthday fashioned after the board game Clue and last year my daughter wanted a book themed party and she selected The Hunger Games. This year she once again wishes to do a book themed party and is thinking of maybe The Lightning Thief series or Heist Society. Any other ideas?

For Heist Society she was thinking of having it be like a Clue party where you have to guess the Who dunnit, what method they used to steal it(in the book they have cute names for each type of art theft like Smokey the Bear and Avon Lady), and where the painting was hidden.

For Lightning Thief she was thinking of setting up tents in the back yard (to represent Camp Half-blood), having a scavenger hunt to find the stolen item, etc.

Any ideas what kind of games, favors, etc we could use for the above themes or can you think up some other books that she might like better and ideas of how they could be applied to a birthday party?

Thanks in advance.
Lisarenee

message 2: by Danie (new)

Danie (heyydanie) | 65 comments Hmm. How old is your daughter?

message 3: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments She's 13.

The UHQ Nasanta (uhqs) | 829 comments How about a costume birthday party? If doing The Lightning Thief, I found a couple of websites that might be helpful:

Greek Mythology Birthday Party

Mythology Theme Birthday Party

message 5: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Thanks Niquae. The decoration ideas are fun. I wonder what it would cost to rent Greek looking columns. It's a fun idea though.

message 6: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (mandypants) I know craft stores often sell polyresin columns and wall shelves for not too much. They aren't necessarily ceiling height. But with good placement of gauzy white material, the columns would be great accents.

message 7: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Thanks, I'll have to look into the cost.