ACIM Reading Room discussion

Welcome!!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Reja Janaki Joy Green (reja_cims) | 2 comments Mod
Well, I thought I'd start a discussion. Still learning how this all works.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

message 2: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Jauchius | 1 comments I just want to say how much I love and appreciate ACIM. I do believe it helped save my life at a time when all seemed lost. I've read it thoroughly and worked the lessons 3 times. I've never belonged to a study group, however, have read all of Marianne Williamson's work. She is a brilliant and passionate messanger for the Course. If you haven't yet read Journey Without Distance by Robert Skutch get it...a must read especially for newconers.

message 3: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) Hello! New to the group. I have ACIM, but have yet to read it fully (just random bits and pieces), but I have heard ACIM mentioned in the work of Dr Wayne Dyer and others; so I guess that's a start. :)

message 4: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Treya Hi, I came about "The Course in Miracles" the l-o-n-g way around and was intrigued to see it echoed the great Indian traditions. And, anytime a sage such as Dr. Hawkins recommends The Course, well, how can you not look a bit more closely?

Reja Janaki Joy Green (reja_cims) | 2 comments Mod
Thanks for your comments, Matthew. Absolutely! A recommendation from Dr. Hawkins speaks volumes. Just wanted to mention to you that we have started a DAILY LESSON CONFERENCE CALL that you are welcome to join. All of the calls are recorded and can be listened to here, along with learning the access phone number and code! http://www.jcim.net/Pages/DailyLesson...

message 6: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Treya Thanks for invite, but the phone is not my cup of tea to say the least. Wonder if you-as moderator-might put something on the group bookshelf, perhaps something we've missed, that connects to ACIM in an unexpected way?

message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie | 9 comments Hi, I am Julie and am fairly new to ACIM and finding I need a little support to stay with it. It's not I don't enjoy what I'm reading, but maybe it is hitting areas that are still very raw - my mother passed away in Nov 2011. Does anyone else have experiences or comments that might help. I have read a lot of Marianne Williamson and Gabrielle Bernstein and an really interested in any other reading that the more experienced among you can recommend.

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy Daliege | 4 comments Julie wrote: "Hi, I am Julie and am fairly new to ACIM and finding I need a little support to stay with it. It's not I don't enjoy what I'm reading, but maybe it is hitting areas that are still very raw - my mot..."

Hi Julie! I have been a course student since 2001, but I still have a long way to go :) Right now, I am reading Forgiveness and Jesus by Kenneth Wapnick. I am finding it very nourishing, like healthy food and water for my soul. I also love Marianne Williamson, and my other favorite course author is Robert Perry, His book "Return to the Heart of God" is so, so, wonderful. I hope that helps!

message 9: by Julie (new)

Julie | 9 comments Thank you for your suggestions Amy. I'll definitely give them a look.

message 10: by Teena (new)

Teena Martin | 1 comments Julie wrote: "Hi, I am Julie and am fairly new to ACIM and finding I need a little support to stay with it. It's not I don't enjoy what I'm reading, but maybe it is hitting areas that are still very raw - my mot..."

Julie try reading "The Disappearance of The Universe" by Gary R.Renard. it's a wonderful book and helps explain ACIM in a more laid back way that is easy to understand. it's a great read and a wonderful story. it's what got my started on The Course. I'm extremely new to it but I finished "The Disappearance of The Universe" recently but it's definitely helping me get started.

message 11: by Julie (new)

Julie | 9 comments Thank you Teena. . I'll look into this. I can feel that I'm on the right path, but nothing worthwhile is ever easy and the study lives up to this old adage. Peace and light to you and Amy and all other followers. Julie

message 12: by Fay (new)

Fay Ratta (fayster) | 4 comments This is my first 'group' on Goodreads. I thought perhaps there would be a bookshelf of suggested books and discussions? Can we start one?

Another vote for Disappearance of the Universe.. I listened to the audio and it really got me to several 'aha' moments with the whole concept of the course. I've got his newer book "Your Immortal Reality" next on my list.

message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy Daliege | 4 comments I have read both of Gary Renards books at least once. Another huge favorite I have is "Missouri Mystic" by John Mundy, Ph.D. I also got to hear one of his talks, which was wonderful!

message 14: by Julie (new)

Julie | 9 comments I agree with you Fay, it would be really valuable to start some discussions on different aspects of The Course and the members' recommendations on supplementary reading. Anyone else agree?

message 15: by Fay (new)

Fay Ratta (fayster) | 4 comments I sent a message to Reja but haven't heard back. She may no longer be getting on GoodReads.

message 16: by Ramon (new)

Ramon | 17 comments Hello Group members. I read ACIM many years ago, which took me well over a year. I could not put it down. Now, I want to read it again. But this time I want to be able to express myself to others from time to time while I'm reading. I hope that this is the place to accomplish that. I also want to hear what others think about what they themselves have read in ACIM.

message 17: by Misty (new)

Misty Harding (mistyharding) | 1 comments Hi everyone. I am new to Goodreads and have studied A Course in Miracles for many years. When I pick up the book and start reading it transports me to another place.

I have been in many study groups, but have found that I cannot try to make sense of what is said. It is better for me to just absorb it, and so groups don't work for me.

I am so grateful for ACIM and you all for being here.

message 18: by Ramon (new)

Ramon | 17 comments Welcome Misty. We are happy to have you here with us. Our members are at different levels of understanding. When ever anybody want to share or ask a question, it gives the rest of us an opportunity to respond in kind or share our own experience. No experts here, but we have many places to find other points of view.
On behalf of our other members, we welcome you. When they have time, I have no doubt that they will respond. They are very nice and loving.

message 19: by Ramon (last edited Jun 21, 2016 12:07PM) (new)

Ramon | 17 comments Misty wrote: "Hi everyone. I am new to Goodreads and have studied A Course in Miracles for many years. When I pick up the book and start reading it transports me to another place.

I have been in many study grou..."

ACIM: Listen, Learn and Act is another group that members are somewhat more active than here in this group. Feel free to join that group as well.

message 20: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (catinmylap) | 7 comments Ramon wrote: "Misty wrote: "Hi everyone. I am new to Goodreads and have studied A Course in Miracles for many years. When I pick up the book and start reading it transports me to another place.

I have been in m..."

I went there, but it appears to be a brand new group with no posts?

message 21: by David (new)

David Markham | 2 comments Hi Barbara:

I am new to the group too. I have studied the course for many years and have found that it has made a tremendous difference in my life. Having been brought up as a Roman Catholic and then moving over to Unitarian Universalism I find that ACIM adds a depth to my understanding of spiritual things. I notice that not many people post here, and I hope you will share more of your thoughts, questions, and comments as you are moved.

Sincerely,

David

message 22: by Karen (new)

Karen | 1 comments New to the group, but not to the Course

Long and winding road, my journey has been!

Grateful to be here.

member of the Circle of Atonement

Karen

message 23: by Carol (new)

Carol Keefer | 1 comments New to the group and to the course. I had started to read Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles and the age gap between the reader and the writer seemed insurmountable. Today, I ordered the original A Course in Miracles and pray for lots of insight in the future.