Stephen King Fans discussion

11/22/63
This topic is about 11/22/63

Comments Showing 1-50 of 871 (871 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

message 1: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chris  (haughtc) | 1104 comments Mod
The next Stephen King book has been announced:

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/11-2...

It will be called "11/22/63" and is due for release on 11/8/11.

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Chris wrote: "The next Stephen King book has been announced:

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/11-2...

It will be called "11/22/63" and is due for release on 11/8/11."

Wow... for a second there I thought 11/22/63 was the release date. O_O

I have to say, this doesn't really seem very much like a King book. Not that that will stop me from reading it - I'm sure that King will give it his own life and spin. Interesting.

You'd think that they'd release it on 11/22 as well though. *shrug*

message 3: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah, it looks different. But interesting too.

I guess they're releasing it on 11/8 because that adds up to 19.

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Chris wrote: "Yeah, it looks different. But interesting too.

I guess they're releasing it on 11/8 because that adds up to 19."

Right you are sir! LOL

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) *****Possible spoilers (The Drawing of the Three)*******

And Kennedy WAS referred to as the last American Gunslinger... O_o

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 609 comments My first thought was (maybe big DT spoiler)(view spoiler)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Oooh... Good thought, Kit! Very interesting...

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments And here I thought I was going to be announcing it for the first time. lol. Chris beat me to it. This looks really interesting. Can't wait!

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) It kind of makes me think of UR a little bit as well... Is it November yet?

GAH! No. I am NOT skipping over my entire warm season... not even for King. O_o

message 10: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - rated it 5 stars

Here I thought I was weird because I thought of UR.....hmmm

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments You know how things all seem to meld together his his universe......

Micheal Shea | 5 comments Wasn't there a Quantum Leap episode like this.

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments Hmmmm....I don't know.

Bondama (kerensa) | 868 comments Becky, I too thought that 11/22/63 was the release date for a half a second...que??

I do think that there will be connections with the DT universe, for all the reasons mentioned above. It seems to me that, having completed (invented) this alter-universe, King is still living within it. I know that this is a tremendous presumption on my part, but it makes so very much sense to me (yes.. I thought of UR as well!)

Dustin Yes, well, there ARE a lot of connections within the SK Universe, so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if 11/22/63 were to go in that direction, as well!

Jaime (jaimehobbes) | 104 comments Oooh, this sounds good! Definite DT connections...wonder about the main character named Jake. I think King just likes the name, but I can't help but think that is a DT connection, too. Plus a portal to another time...very DT! Pumped about this novel. I wonder if it'll be another long one like Under the Dome. I hope so!

Gatorman | 561 comments The articles have said it is a 1000-pager, so get ready for another epic.

Andrea (serialreader13) I'm having a blonde moment and am unsure how to flag a comment for spoilers....This reminds me of The Dead Zone. I don't think this is a spoiler because it has nothing to do with the ultimate plot of The Dead Zone...but he does discuss if you could kill Hitler and change history, would you? And now the heading of the page that link goes to says "If you had the chance to change history would you?" I doubt this book will have connections to The Dead Zone, but this stood out to me

message 19: by Elena (new) - rated it 1 star

Elena | 50 comments Thanks! The amazon product description says it is 960 pages, candidate to read in Kindle.

Patricia (pg4003) | 31 comments I agree, definitely a Kindle book! Thank goodness Mr. King lets his books be published as ebooks.

Bondama (kerensa) | 868 comments Very, Very Good, Andrea!! (Jeez, I sound like a teacher:)

I'd forgotten that discussion, 'cause it's been way too long since I re-read "The Dead Zone." Thanks for the reminder!

Dustin Yeah, I've come across a lot of comments that say it might be reminiscent of The Dead Zone...

Scott | 401 comments The Dead Zone was the first thing I thought of when I read the description a couple of days ago.

Lonnie Michealbank wrote: "Wasn't there a Quantum Leap episode like this."

You are absolutely correct:

Lee Harvey Oswald - Oct 5, 1957-Nov 22, 1963 (S5E1&2).

I loved those episodes, as well as Quantum Leap in general.

David jones | 166 comments I am going to read it when it comes out

Brandon (brandonsears) This sounds fantastic. I can't wait! A day one buy for sure.

Cheri (bunnywing) | 6 comments I am so excited. I'm a fanatic about all things King and all things JFK...what can be better than putting them together!

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) I finished DT 7 last night, and I couldn't help but think about 11/22/63 when Susannah was telling Roland about JFK as Dinh of America-side. :)

And I'm just gonna put this out there... King needs to release SPRING books, not Fall/Winter books. :( Not that I'm not grateful for any book he puts out, but honestly... I don't want to rush my spring and summer along because I'm excited for a new King! >:(

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments I agree, Becky! Or don't tell us so far in advance so I'm going crazy thinking about a new book of Uncle Stevie's in my hands! :\

Amanda M. Lyons (amandamlyons) Becky wrote: "I finished DT 7 last night, and I couldn't help but think about 11/22/63 when Susannah was telling Roland about JFK as Dinh of America-side. :)

And I'm just gonna put this out there... King needs..."

Hehe the fall releases work for me because it means I get the latest King for my birthday or Christmas :)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Too late for my birthday (September), and I'll probably have it before Christmas. *sigh*

It just seems like all of his books have been November babies lately. I hate November. You'd think that having a new King to look forward to would change that, but no. It makes me hate November even more because I find myself willing the months along so that November will come so that I can read my King, and then the GOOD parts of the year, the parts that AREN'T November, get glossed over in favor of a gray and bleak and cold month. Boooo!

November = Discordia! LOL

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments Interestingly put, Becky....lol

Dustin The wait does feel like an eternity, but I think it's cool that we're informed of new material eight months in advance!

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments It's a good thing and a bad thing.....I am so impatient it drives me crazy! :\

Trudi (trudistafford) | 150 comments ...ah, anticipation - such sweet torment :)

Brandon (brandonsears) I don't mind the release date as much..but only because I have a ton of books I want to get through this year.

Otherwise, it's quite the wait indeed.

Leland (lesliehw) | 152 comments Scott wrote: "The Dead Zone was the first thing I thought of when I read the description a couple of days ago."

Man. I really need to read The Dead Zone. :(

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Leslie wrote: "Scott wrote: "The Dead Zone was the first thing I thought of when I read the description a couple of days ago."

Man. I really need to read The Dead Zone. :("

I read it a couple years ago... it's not one of my favorites but it is very good.

Scott | 401 comments I think The Dead Zone was the third King book I read. That was way back in the 80's. I really enjoyed it.

The movie actually held pretty true to the book also.

message 40: by Susanna (new) - added it

Susanna (jb_slasher) Scott wrote: "The movie actually held pretty true to the book also."

I love the movie. Then again, I looove Walken. :D

Gatorman | 561 comments The Dead Zone is one of my favorite King books and the movie is a fantastic adaptation directed by the brilliant David Cronenberg. Walken is dynamite in it.

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Walken is dynamite in everything. :)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments I loved him in Balls of Fury! Cracked me up! lol

Trudi (trudistafford) | 150 comments Becky wrote: "Walken is dynamite in everything. :)"

LOVE him!!! Have you seen The Prophecy where he plays the Archangel Gabriel???? So awesome. He has so many great lines in that film delivered with typical Walken intensity.

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Yes... that's what I was thinking of, Trudi. LOL Viggo was great in that too. :D

message 46: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 2568 comments Mod
exciting!

Dustin Leslie- I hope you do read The Dead Zone, and soon. It's also a favorite of mine.

Daniel Gonçalves (danielgoncalves) it reminds me of the stand in a way... i don´t now why... maybe because of the number of pages...

message 49: by Lm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lm | 2 comments Can't wait for the new SK book, 11/22/63! I've read everything of his except UR and Blockade Billy, which are both next on my list after I finish the Stieg Larsson books, which I'm reading now. I agree with the comments about reading this substantial new book on the Kindle, but I'll probably buy the book for my King collection, as well.

Trudi (trudistafford) | 150 comments U.S. Cover has been unveiled

...I like it! Love the two versions of history, and that red really pops :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18