SMF OLS discussion

May Pick

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (last edited Mar 02, 2011 08:24AM) (new)

Dawn Swingle | 69 comments I was wondering if it's okay to pick a newer book for May for my pick?

I would really like to read A Discovery of Witches by
Deborah E. Harkness, but it just came out last month.

I didn't know if people could get it from their libraries by May, is that enough time?

message 2: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Jarvis (ariyana9501) | 31 comments It would be fine by me. I guess that if someone can't get it by then, they could hold out until they can, or just skip May? I'll place a hold at my library and see what they say. There are also plenty of secondhand bookstores to buy it cheaper.

message 3: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Jarvis (ariyana9501) | 31 comments LoL! I put it on hold.......and then saw where I was! 53! Not sure it's gonna get through 52 other people before May, especially when checkouts are 3 week periods. I'll have to check elsewhere!

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Swingle | 69 comments I've got no issues with picking another book if it's too new a book, I just wasn't sure if it was okay to pick something more recent.

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Jarvis (ariyana9501) | 31 comments I'm not running it, but I don't care either way. :)

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 31 comments I don't mind. I'd love to read it, and one way or another I'll get it!

message 7: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (tangee43) | 93 comments Yay! I can't believe it...I'm up next at the library for this! I was number 82 on the list, but I guess they bought many extra copies because it is so popular. I'll have to read it before May so I can return it in the three week window, but I'll try to hold my comments until May.

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Swingle | 69 comments I ended up buying it, I'm going to read it earlier than May as well.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 31 comments Just placed a hold on this at the library! There is just a few people ahead of me!

message 10: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (tangee43) | 93 comments This one just came in for me! I know it is scheduled for May, but it is due back at the end of the month, so I'll have to read it early (plus I really want to read it!) As soon as I finish up Safe Haven this weekend, I'm starting on this one!

message 11: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (tangee43) | 93 comments Just starting this one. It is interesting so far, but my mind is wondering a bit. I might just be tired.

The world of self absorbed academics is hitting a bit too close to home for me. :-)

message 12: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Swingle | 69 comments I'm going to wait until a little closer to May to start this one.

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 31 comments My copy came in today! Just picked it up from the library this afternoon! It's a big book! I can't wait to delve into it!

message 14: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Swingle | 69 comments Jennifer, I couldn't put it down once I started. Fortunately I was on vacation the week I read it.

(And now I've got to wait a year until the next one!)

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 31 comments I've been so swamped and crazy lately that by the time I have a few minutes to myself to read (I usually do all my reading at night once the kiddies are in bed) I hit the pillow and crash! Soooo that means I haven't had a chance to read the book! What's worse is I have to return it to the library tomorrow cause it's due and has holds on it so I can't renew. :( I'm going to put myself back on the list to get it again. Once I get it, I'm going to MAKE the time to read it! I really wanna read this one!