What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Probably YA first love story read before 1990

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) Forever by Judy Blume?

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 147 comments Could it be Summer of 42 by Herman Raucher? Hermie falls in love with a 22 year old whose husband is off fighting in WWII.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37540 comments Mod
Endless Love? It's told entirely from the boy's point of view. Published in 1979.

message 4: by Christy (new)

Christy | 41 comments Maybe "Beginner's Love" by Norma Klein? If not that one, check out some of her other YA titles. What you've described sounds familiar and Klein and Beginner's Love came to mind immediately but I don't remember details.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Anna, That's great. Please come back and let us know if Beginners' Love by Norma Klein is the book! Thanks.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Anna wrote: "I just moved this back into unsolved because the book I'm thinking of is not Beginner's Love :("

Thanks, Anna. I removed the book from our group's bookshelves too.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Anna wrote: "I wish it had been my book."

Hopefully, someone will find it, hopefully soon.

message 8: by Carin (new)

Carin | 1 comments Try Family Secrets by Norma Klein. It alternates POV between the boy and girl, but it starts out at the beach (Fire Island) I believe, so a tan would certainly be expected.

message 9: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) The link: Family Secrets.

message 10: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Norma Klein didn't write a lot of books from the boy's POV, but this one is: Give and Take

It's set in the summertime and the girlfriend is older and more experienced. The Kirkus review gives a lot of detail, maybe it will trigger a memory for you: https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-re...

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37540 comments Mod
Anna, are you still looking for this? Was it "Family Secrets" or "Give and Take?"