The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 20.4 Author, Author. Tracyj's Task: The Royal Wedding

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (last edited Mar 04, 2011 08:03AM) (new)

Sandy | 16197 comments Mod
20.4 Author, Author. Tracyj's Task: The Royal Wedding

On April 29th Prince William will marry Kate Middleton in a royal wedding that will undoubtably be watched around the world. To honor the royal wedding, read a fiction or non-fiction book whose title or sub-title contains one of the following words: royal, wedding, prince, princess, husband, wife or marriage. Plurals, possessives and variations with prefixes and suffixes are allowed.

OR

Prince William's full name is William Arthur Philip Louis and Kate's full name is Catherine Elizabeth. Read a book written by an author whose first name is one of William or Kate's names. I will accept "Catherine" or "Katherine", and I will also accept Kate. No other diminutives (i.e. Bill) may be used. This must be the author's first name.

message 2: by Tracyj (new)

Tracyj | 122 comments reserved

message 3: by Tracyj (last edited Mar 09, 2011 06:39AM) (new)

Tracyj | 122 comments I'll take Louis spelled Luis and Catherine, Katherine and Kathryn spellings.

message 4: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 16197 comments Mod
reserved

message 5: by kiki (new)

kiki (keekers) | 821 comments would you accept a variation on Louis? like Luis??? thanks for your help! :)

message 6: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 314 comments So The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton should be o.k. correct?

message 7: by Tracyj (new)

Tracyj | 122 comments Lahni wrote: "So The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton should be o.k. correct?"
That's fine.

message 8: by Tracyj (new)

Tracyj | 122 comments kiki wrote: "would you accept a variation on Louis? like Luis??? thanks for your help! :)"

Sure, I'll take it.

message 9: by kiki (new)

kiki (keekers) | 821 comments oooh, thanks! :)

message 10: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 640 comments Tracyj wrote: "kiki wrote: "would you accept a variation on Louis? like Luis??? thanks for your help! :)"

Sure, I'll take it."

Gosh ... I don't think the royal family would like that!
You may be off the invitation list ;-)

message 11: by Tracyj (new)

Tracyj | 122 comments Rosemary wrote: "Tracyj wrote: "kiki wrote: "would you accept a variation on Louis? like Luis??? thanks for your help! :)"

Sure, I'll take it."

Gosh ... I don't think the royal family would like that!
You may b..."

If Fergie isn't going I don't want to go. I wasn't sure what to give them as a gift anyway.

message 12: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 640 comments LOL!!

message 13: by Rachel Lee (new)

Rachel Lee (rlcwt9) | 271 comments What about Kathryn? As in Kathryn Smith?

message 14: by Tracyj (new)

Tracyj | 122 comments Rachel Lee wrote: "What about Kathryn? As in Kathryn Smith?"

Yes, I'll take it.

message 15: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (goodreadscomkeridwynn) | 196 comments I'm hoping to get to do this task, and if I do, I will use this book, which definitely fits the description: Kate: The Making of a Princess. Thought I'd share in case anyone else was interested in reading about Kate. :)

message 16: by Tami (new)

Tami P | 244 comments Will you take Phillip with two l's instead of one? I would like to read a book by Phillip Craig

message 17: by Tracyj (new)

Tracyj | 122 comments Tami wrote: "Will you take Phillip with two l's instead of one? I would like to read a book by Phillip Craig"

Yes, I'll take alternate spellings of the name.

message 18: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) | 2244 comments Tracy will Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons work for thw "wives" category for your task?

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandapearl) | 273 comments Would you accept Cate since you also accept Catherine?

message 20: by Tracyj (new)

Tracyj | 122 comments Amanda Pearl wrote: "Would you accept Cate since you also accept Catherine?"

Yes, I'll take Cate.

message 21: by Tracyj (new)

Tracyj | 122 comments Sheila wrote: "Tracy will Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons work for thw "wives" category for your task?"

Sure, I'll take Housewives.

message 22: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) | 2244 comments Thanks Tracy

message 23: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandapearl) | 273 comments That's perfect!

message 24: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7692 comments a week until the wedding (yes, i'm a dork and have been following it)...anyone going to get up at some ridiculous hour of the morning to watch - I think its at 4am EST

message 25: by Gayla (new)

Gayla Bassham (sophronisba) I am not only getting up, I am letting my daughter get up, and I am making scones and Earl Grey tea for breakfast. I figure that if you're going to be a total dork, it's important to go all the way. No half-measures for me!

message 26: by Donna Jo (new)

Donna Jo Atwood | 3157 comments I'm planning on making scones, too. But I think I'll drink my Prince of Wales tea. Or else nice strong Yorkshire Gold to wake up.