The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 20.3. Best Review Contest. Katy's Task: Happy International Women's Day!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (last edited Mar 04, 2011 08:33AM) (new)

Sandy | 16195 comments Mod
20.3. Best Review Contest. Katy's Task: Happy International Women's Day!
March is Women's History Month, which grew out of International Women's Day on March 8. International Women's Day has been celebrated since 1911. For this task, read a book that was published in 1911 or later and written by a female author who was born in or currently resides in a country other than your own. If a country is indicated in the GR bio for the author, that can be used. If not, this list may help: Authors by Country

When posting, please indicate your country and that of the author.

message 2: by Katy (new)

Katy | 658 comments reserved

message 3: by Katy (new)

Katy | 658 comments reserved

message 4: by Sandy (new)

reserved

message 5: by Erin (NY) (new)

Erin (NY) (erin_p) | 629 comments I live in teh US, can I use Courtney Summers, who is from Canada, even though she is not on the given list?
Thanks!

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Erin (NY) wrote: "I live in teh US, can I use Courtney Summers, who is from Canada, even though she is not on the given list?
Thanks!"

See edit to task - GR bio info works.

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7690 comments The Agüero Sisters - Cristina Garcia- born in Cuba works (correct?)

message 8: by Katy (new)

Katy | 658 comments Delicious Dee Challenge Addict wrote: "The Agüero Sisters - Cristina Garcia- born in Cuba works (correct?)"

Yes, definitely.

message 9: by Aleksandra (new)

Aleksandra (aleksandrakonwa) | 777 comments Can I use any writer from UK? I live in UK but my country is Poland.

message 10: by Katy (new)

Katy | 658 comments Aleksandra wrote: "Can I use any writer from UK? I live in UK but my country is Poland."

If you are not living in what you consider to be your country, you can define your country however you feel it's most appropriate and choose to read an author who is not from your country.

Please just remember when you post to state what your country is and the author's country.

message 11: by Chinook (new)

Chinook | 33 comments Huh. So if I'm Canadian but I live in Korea, I can pick one of those to disqualify?

message 12: by Katy (new)

Katy | 658 comments Chinook wrote: "Huh. So if I'm Canadian but I live in Korea, I can pick one of those to disqualify?"

Yep. I don't want to be really restrictive on this - I don't want to get into what "your own" country means to you. You have to disqualify "your own" country and you can go either way if you don't live in "your" country.

You just need to clearly state your country and the author's country when you post, to make it easier for the moderators.

message 13: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (goodreadscomkeridwynn) | 196 comments Although this isn't a question exactly related to this challenge, I just wanted to say that this is a wonderful topic....and Happy International Women's Day!